buddypress basics

i used wordpress but never touched buddypress, after a look @ their site it provides a community type site.

wpmu does something similar and with a couple plugins from you guys like friends, user msg, community etc i can set up a site with interaction.

does buddypress just do it sexier?

if so buddpress can be added to wpmu? is it just the buddypress theme and buddypress plugins that i only turn on for the buddypress site?

users from the super admin site will carry over to buddypress?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

BuddyPress provides everything in one package and is designed as a fully integrated social network.

You can use it on single or Multisite installations although you can only have one instance. I.e. you can't allow each sub-site in a network to use BuddyPress.

Once you activate BuddyPress you can configure which components (such as groups, friends etc) you want.

You will need a compatible theme, or you can upgrade your current theme. The installation process will help you with this.

On Multisite, BuddyPress is network activated and works across the whole network. This means that any user in the network will be able to use the BuddyPress site.

By default, BuddyPress will attach itself to the main site of your network but you can attach it to a sub-site with a change to wp-config.php.

Hope that helps!

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.