Buddypress, bbPress, and tiered members

I apologize if this has been addressed and I haven't found it.

I'm building a site that will have three member tiers, with each tier getting access to additional page, post, forum and group content access. I have Members 2 Pro installed, but would look at something else. Members will be approved after their registration is approved and granted their appropriate level of access.

The forums will not be set up directly under a BuddyPress group as they will be moved over from a different platform.

My questions are, can the membership design integrate seamlessly with BuddyPress and BbPress, and is there a good spot to find the direction I need?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Thomas,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our Membership 2 Pro plugin should work with a setup like this with no hassle. Assuming that you wish to assign memberships manually upon your decision, you may want to create a membership structure like this:

1. Create one membership of "Default membership" type - this will most likely be most restrictive
    2. Create multiple memberships of "Standard membership" type - these would be the "levels"
    3. These standard-type memberships should be setup not to allow users to register for them (there's a checkbox for this)

This way everyone registering on your site would register automatically for "Default membership". Next you could review registrations and assign one or multiple "Standard memberships" to a user manually.

Membership 2 Pro includes "bbPress Integration" and "BuddyPress Integration" add-ons so it works fine with both these plugins.

As for setting up Membership 2 Pro. Here's a good guide that covers pretty much everything you'd need for start:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-usage

If you have any further questions on this, please ask. I'll be glad to assist you!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.