BuddyPress Business Theme Menu and Default page

I'm working on the customization of the BuddyPress Business theme, and I have a couple questions I can't seem to find answers to (I'm a beginner, so please hang in there with me) .

I'm looking for mine to have the same layout as it does in the screenshot on the main BuddyPress Business Theme homepage (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-business-theme)

However, in the screenshot, there is only a top navigation with links to Home, News, Community, About, etc. On my version, I have a top navigation with Home and About, and a bottom navigation with Members, Groups, Blogs. I would like to just have a top navigation, so how would I go about getting rid of the bottom one, and then adding those page links to the top navigation?

Also, I notice on the screenshot, the default page has 3 columns at the bottom. Mine has only 2 columns on the default page, and I haven't found a way to edit this either. Any help would be appreciated!

• Tammie

@tcc-wpmuadmin: I am fairly sure a lot of this is also explained in the business manual so I'd also point you to that however here are a few steps to get you on track. I'm suggesting the manual as a 'in front of you reference' but this should help.

1. You want to create a page for the community using page > templates under wordpress. It's the bottom left bit where you can assign a template in the page edit screen.
    2. Same goes for blog / news you just create a page called news and assign the template.
    3. You want to check out under appearances > theme options there you can set how many columns appear in that area and if it's got sidebar or not.
    4. Removing the bottom navigation would remove access to BuddyPress if you have that installed so suggest probably this isn't a great idea. If you however aren't using BuddyPress it shouldn't show.