buddypress change welcome mail

Hi,

I have a question about buddypress registration. I would like to change the text after registration but not in the plugin, because then it's gone after an update. How is this possible?

How can i change the emails that are send after registration? Text and lay out?

Thanks a lot.

• Tyler Postle

Hey info,

Hope you're doing well today!

This post here will instruct you how to edit the BP activation email: http://websistent.com/custom-buddypress-activation-email/

Make sure you add the code in via a plugin or to your themes functions.php file as the post suggests at the end. As a plugin is better in this case so you don't lose any changes if you change themes.

What other emails are you receiving? I believe by default that is the only email sent out after registering, I just tested on my sandbox to be sure.

To change the text on the BuddyPress registration pages you can use our Ultimate Branding plugin and it's Network Wide Text Change module.

Just paste in all the text from the page after registering and then change it to whatever you like :slight_smile: this change will be saved within Ultimate Branding settings so you won't lose it on any updates.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Info,

The best way to do that using one of our plugins would be with Membership 2 and making the payment gateway "Manual". So basically you would just setup a default membership that protects the user from everything so they don't have access to your site and once they register for a membership it will make it pending until you manually accept it. Keep in mind, this is more designed for paid memberships, but would work for your usage case too.

Other than that, you may want to just stick with the New User Approve option you are doing now :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.