Buddypress Coding

I am going to attach 2 screen shots. What I am trying to do is populate the info I have beside the member's thumbnail and name. I have added a few other snippets of info for them. I want them to show up on the list of members that have been selected in a group. As seen on screenshot 2. I have tried to copy over call code from first screenshot to code on second screen shot, and have failed repeatedly. Just looking for some fresh eyes. Any thoughts?
I know the styling is off on the second screenshot. I have decided on my thumbnail size so it screws it up a bit.
Screenshot 1 is a regular members list while screenshot 2 is a list of members that have been selected into a group.
Cpo

• Cpo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This is the code that I used to customize the members page. What I want to do is take this info...

<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Primary Position' )?><div><?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Graduating Class (ex. Class of 2012)' )?>-<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=City ' )?>,<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=State' )?>
    from the code below and place it in the list of members after they have been accepted into a group.
    Brief description- The site allows baseball players to sign up as members, place their specs on their profile. Colleges will then sign up as well, they will invite players into their "group". After they are in the group, Coaches will then have them for recruiting purposes. I want the above code to show beside the player(member) inside the "group" or in our terms inside the Recruit Center.
    make sense?

Just looking for that info to show in that list as well as the member/slash player list.

<li>
    			<div class="item-avatar">
    				<a href="<?php bp_member_permalink(); ?>"><?php bp_member_avatar(); ?></a>
    			</div>

<div class="item">
    				<div class="item-title">
    					<a href="<?php bp_member_permalink(); ?>"><?php bp_member_name(); ?></a>
    <?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Primary Position' )?><div><?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Graduating Class (ex. Class of 2012)' )?>-<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=City ' )?>,<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=State' )?></div>

<?php if ( bp_get_member_latest_update() ) : ?>

<span class="update"> <?php bp_member_latest_update(); ?></span>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<div class="item-meta"><span class="activity"><?php bp_member_last_active(); ?></span></div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_directory_members_item' ); ?>

</div>

<div class="action">

<?php do_action( 'bp_directory_members_actions' ); ?>

</div>

<div class="clear"></div>
    		</li>
  • Cpo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I can get this to show up- "><?php bp_member_name(); ?>

it is just the custom code
    <?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Primary Position' )?><div><?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Graduating Class (ex. Class of 2012)' )?>-<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=City ' )?>,<?php bp_member_profile_data( 'field=State' )?>
    that will not resolve.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cpo,

It appears that this ticket got away from us and Cole being a lead developer trying to assist.

I found it while rooting around in the bottom of the ticket system and fortunately it did not fall into the ticket system abyss.

I will see if I can get him back in here to address the additional coding you provided in answer to his question.

Cheers, Joe

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey everyone this thread got lost in my inbox :slight_frown:

I'm working up a solution for you using the bp-component files that are already included in fundraising. I just wanted to post in here to let you know Im working on it. I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Cole

• Cole

Ok for some reason I thought this was related to fundraising on accident. But lets see if we cant get this fixed up.

Can you try passing the arguments to bp_member_profile_data() as an array instead of a string just to humor a hunch.

<?php bp_member_profile_data( array('field' => 'Primary Position') ); ?>

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cpo,

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all.

In a last ditch effort to help here before sending this to the Buddy Press mill or cast to the custom coding bin, I am going to see if I can get the WPMU Dev lead developer in here to look this ticket over and offer his advice/advise us of what he thinks should be done here.

Cheers, Joe

• Cole

honestly im not too sure whats happening. I haven't done a whole lot of work with custom buddypress user fields. I think the next step is to figure out whats happening inside that function. Is it just blank like nothing is there or is it spitting out and error.

<?php var_export(bp_member_profile_data( array('field' => 'Primary Position')) ); ?>

Plop that in your theme file and see what it gives you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cpo and Cole,

Sorry Cole I thought we were reaching the end of the line with what we could do here and was going to give it one last shot before giving up the ghost on this issue.

@Cpo does Cole's last suggestion help with this issue?

Please advise?

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cpo,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.