buddypress community theme customization

why do i see: Sidebar Widget Please log in and add widgets to this sidebar. Add Widgets
on my sidebar when im signed out when i have a widget there already

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Howdy, bgvsbb504!

Would you mind allowing us to take a peek under the hood to see if we can help you sort this out? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• bgvsbb504
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

sure i will give you my info but i would rather not give my info on here if its going to be in the public view as in community and forums how can i give my info to staff only?
    p.s. i added a few plugins that i may or may not need or i may need some other free basic plugins not from wpmudev for basic setup or for my version of wp because some are from earlier versions can you check my basic start up and tell me what i need?
    my email bgvsbb504@gmail.com please send me a message showing me that you are staff (i dont know who can see this post)

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, bgvsbb504!

If you've got our dashboard plugin installed, you can enable access from there. As staff, we'll see a link that let's us visit your site, but no one else will see it or be able to access your site.

If you'd rather not use our dashboard plugin to allow support access, you can send your information in via the contact form.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Thanks!

• bgvsbb504
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

yes i have dashboard installed but im also going to send you the info you requested
    I hired a freelancer but im feeling "screwed " and "lefted in the cold" because he is avoiding me and is getting more clients
    i feel like i would rather learn on my own with wpmudev and other wp tutorials im about to put in a ticket with paypal about this matter

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @bgvsbb504, I hope you're well today!

I just tried logging-in to your dashboard but I got an error message that the access token in invalid...
    Could you please revoke and then re-grant us access to your dashboard? This way our access token will be refreshed and hopefully we'll be able to login to your site.

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there bgvsbb504,

Hope you're doing well today!

The screenshot I've attached is of your home page. If you go to a specific post like 'hello world' then it will only show the blog sidebar and if you go to BuddyPress pages then it will just show the BuddyPress sidebar.

The reason you aren't seeing changes is because you have W3TC caching plugin installed. So when you make changes, it isn't reflecting on the frontend, it's still showing you the old cached pages.

While you are designing your site I highly recommend that you turn off all caching so you can see all the changes as they happen. Otherwise you will need to constantly clear your cache via:

Admin bar > Performance > Empty All Caches.

Hope this helps! let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.