BuddyPress Community Theme - missing link

So,, I wanted a look at the WPMU DEV BuddyPress "Community" Theme. See bottom of this page.

But the link takes me to the UpFront page and there's no starter theme with BuddyPress in mind, so far as I can tell. Is this an outdated link? Is there any information on UpFront that specifically addresses customizing things for BuddyPress?

My apologies if the header information is misleading. I could not find the theme to install, in order to take it for a spin, and the field required some entry from my installed WPMU DEV items.

Any threads I've been able to find searching "BuddyPress Community" are all dated 2011 or earlier, suggesting the theme has been discontinued.

Thank you very much.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello djohns,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "BuddyPress Community" and all other of our themes that are not Upfront child themes (starter themes) are "legacy" themes and are no longer developed. Due to the fact that there may occur some significant incompatibilities to with recent WP and plugins releases, these themes are no longer available for download.

It seems however that references to them were not yet removed entirely so thank you for pointing this out and I apologize for causing confusion here.

As for Upfront. We're working on new "starter themes" and features and also our developers are constantly aiming to improve "cross-plugin" compatibility of Upfront based themes. At this point of time most BuddyPress features should work with Upfront however there indeed may still be some issues and some workarounds may be necessary (for example editing signup page layout doesn't work "out of the box" and you first need to switch BuddyPress settings to other page).

In case you needed any further assistance, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.