- BuddyPress Community
- BuddyPress Fun
- BuddyPress Social
- Edu Clean
- Blogs MU

Here are some changes from follow up bug/update trac
- Updated to compatible with WordPress 3.0+ and BuddyPress 1.2.5+
- Core template changes with added /lib
* you may need to back up your child themes coz templating changes in latest version. possible problem like included not found etc
- fix widget missing localization __() and _e() wrap for text string which cause translation widget not working in previous versions.
- all themes are now using BuddyPress core component default css
*for future compatible and component/plugins css compatible
- Added wp 3.0 menu support with default drop down community for bp pages like member, group, forum etc..
- Added featured gallery slider *optional usage
- replace incudes() with locate_template() for better child theme support
- css structure also changes in some themes where css were combined into base.css
- added facebook like for post and activity streams
- js fix in blogsmu theme options
- many more bug fix

let me know if you guys found any bug ok

Check out all the updated themes here

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi aquapebble
    do you have a live site so i could look into source?
    are you using child theme?

component css should be using default and compatible like the default theme..assuming the
    default theme work ok with the jet event plugin right?

will check out the plugin later today...

• AltisonaMedia
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Richie

Thanks for this update. I have downloaded the BP Community theme to update my website and activated the child theme. The activity stream spread the full width of the page and pushes the sidebar down the page. It also has black dots all over the place. I am reverting the parent them as this is technically a live site. There is no issue on the parent theme.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

BP Fun - translations still not applying on some strings, specially home page default widgets : search the site, member login, more articles, and others.

I see that the mlanguage activation is now automatic (no need to activate lines in functions.php) ??

and

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'bp_group_new_topic_button' not found or invalid function name in /home/cfmaroc/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

on displaying forum page but this is probably bp related not theme related no ? (bp 1.2.6 bpfun 1.3)

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@AltisonaMedia
    this error happen since parent theme template structure changes so you need the new template from parent inside child theme...like if you now have header.php inisde child theme...you need to recopy the latest header.php from parent theme to child theme...and add in your previous changes in header.php if have any.

@Aphrodite
    the string should be localize already like sidebar-home.php
    < div id="login-panel" class="widget">
    < h2 class="widgettitle"><?php _e('Search the site', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></h2 >< ul >
    <li >

- function warning call
    not getting this error tho...did you update the bp-functions.php..it may have something to do with
    that file..

cheers:slight_smile:

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@AquaPebble
    is the component menu you refer to the google map, flyer and members..etc
    there should be in right menu..all subnav are in right menu for bp-corporate..

let me know more details on this ok..cheers

@AltisonaMedia

ye know what to do if found any bug..hehe

• AquaPebble
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Richie_KS

Tried the clean install and problem still there. Menu not showing when logged in. Just tested with BP Daily and it shows with that theme.

After some experimenting I have found that it seems that if you create an event and become an event admin then the menu no longer shows. I logged in as a test user and the menu was there, but as soon as I created an event I no longer get the menu.

• AltisonaMedia

I have a problem with the BP admin bar on the Blogs MU theme. On pages that I have created (i.e. not home or BP pages) there is no space at the top of the page and the admin bar overlaps the top partly obscuring it.

Also if I turn off the admin bar you see see the white space at the top of the screen on BP pages and no space on other WP created pages.

Can you advise on how to make it consistent across all pages?

link here http://clude.me/about

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@AquaPebble
    just update the bp-corporate to 1.3.1, plz download and replace your current one..the object nav and user nav should be inplace...cheers

@Aphrodite
    did all the choosen featured category did not work or only some?...maybe slug and terms name issue here..will check it out.

@AltisonaMedia
    open blogs-mu/header.php and go to line 60+ where you'll see
    <?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?>

add this after the above code:

<?php if ( (int)get_site_option( 'hide-loggedout-adminbar' ) && !is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
    <?php print "<style type='text/css' media='screen'>"; ?>
    body { padding-top: 0px !important;
    <?php print "</style>"; ?>
    <?php } ?>

cheers

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

ok proble with slug certainly. The cat was "infos & nouveautés" slug infos-nouveautes didnt want to save.

Rename it "news" and it works :slight_smile: it saved the featured cat. But unfortunatly the posts of this category are not displayed yet Oo nor in article our slide mode

The "more articles" does not appear neither.

But, I have anoter site with the same theme. (it uses the same folder). I didnot change anything yet in theme options (didnot choose a category) and it works fine !

have a look :

http://passion-cheval.net : nothing but category choosen (2 posts in the cat)
    http://cf-maghreb.org : works without doing any choice (auto posts by autoblog but featured cat not choosen)

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@Aphrodite
    - category issue
    try open functions.php and scroll down to line 515+ and find code like this

$wp_getcat[$category_list->cat_ID] = $category_list->cat_name;

change them to

$wp_getcat[$category_list->cat_ID] = $category_list->category_name;

let's see if this fetch the category name slug properly..

- facebook like color scheme
    open single.php and change the iframe color scheme to dark..like this

< iframe src=" http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=<?php echo urlencode(get_permalink($post->ID)); ?>&layout=standard&show_faces=false&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=dark" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:30px">< /iframe >

cheers

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

mmmm nope for cats. They dont appear anymore in the list now :slight_smile:

EDIT

They dont appear but they ARE. Just the list is white, and selection works. so partially solved :wink:

PS : the slideshow just... rocks !!! great !

PS 2 : fine for facebook. But that could be a theme option since the theme have many colors shemes. (I love it !)

PS 3 : about avatar... since the profil box seems using gravatar well, the "recent comment" bpfun widget does not.

PS 4 : would be great to have a multi selection for featured category :slight_smile:

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@Aphrodite
    -cat featured issue
    mmm...i think wp 3.0 did not play well with get_categories() in theme option cat selection...will
    check the terms_name selection instead...will update later

i think they use and sync with the bp avatar and not the global gravatar on this...will check them again.

-multi selection feat cat
    not a bad idea...will consider:slight_smile:

@AquaPebble
    glad it working now..

• AltisonaMedia

I didn't notice before because of the dark menu strip and buttons, but in Blogs MU when you go to a WP page the Home button remains activated as well as the page button.

Looks like it was that way in the previous version too. Not a big deal really but a cosmetic inconsistency.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@Aphrodite
    - category issue
    revertback the category_name back to
    $wp_getcat[$category_list->cat_ID] = $category_list->cat_name;
    and replace bp-fun/lib/templates/wp-template with the attach 2 php file

the category should be working now using id to fetch the featured category...let me
    know how it go ok

@AltisonaMedia
    - home tab highligtht issue
    will check it out...supposebly its is_home vs is_front_page() issue

@crotariu
    can you grab a screenshot so i can see the actual issue?
    cheers

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@crotariu
    it is normal...you may need another member(other than already showed) to login to fill in the space.

like if the 'recent active member avatar' can fil up 8 space but only 7 recent active member then it
    natural to have 1 empty space..is this the case?

cheers

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

another updates to all wp/bp themes..

new version changelog
    - add redirect options in privacy theme settings
    - refine load_theme_textdomain() function call
    - add multi category selections for featured article and featured slideshow
    - add new custom widgets like flickr, twitter and featured post multi-category widget

• gestordeideias
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Richie_KS,

Coming in a little bit late, but... hope you can help me here.

I'm having to deal with a error message in mey (brand new) WP 3.04/ BP 1.2.5.2 site at (http://livresparaoaltar.com.br), with Blogs MU (Child 1.2.2), when I click on a group.. can you help me here? The error message is this:

"Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, >'bp_group_new_topic_button' was given in /home/livrespa/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395"

Please advise...

Thanks in advance!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.