Buddypress creative portfolio network - System possibilitys

Hi Support friend!

I trying to build a website like deviant art and behance network here at inspirativa.net.

At this point i'm doing the best i can with the system we have. I don't have multisite activated yet, and i need orientation on how to proceed.

Let me explain where i want to get to.

I need a network (currently being made through buddypress in a vary limited way. Register to the site and check out the homepage http://inspirativa.net/login ) where users can post their design/creation work. (currently being made through gravityform.)

Images can be featured by our staff or not. If featured, projects go to the loged-out-homepage of the website, and featured categorys page. (At this point, we have 10 categorys for user posts and the same 10 categorys for featured posts, so once user creates a post it shows up at the buddypress activity stream. We them take the best ones and change it from, for exemple, category "photoshop" to "photoshop-featured")

Users have their portfolio page, where they expose their project and have a description about themselves and other information. (this is currently being made through the author.php template. check out at http://inspirativa.net/author/marcoroberto/ )

----------------------

So this is the vary basic idea of what is happening right now.

What i need now is to fully integrate the system with buddypress multisite, prosites, domain mapping, and all the stuff.

The ideia is that the user can have their own subdomain where they can continue to post their work.

My questions:
- When posting in their own subdomain, will the staff be able to see all projects being posted to feature some of them ?

- Is it possible to integrate posts already made by users to their new page, or they will have to start from scratch?

- Is it possible to create a page with posts from blog, or best posts from blogs?

• Kimberly

Hi there!

Welcome to the WPMUDEV Community :slight_smile:

Great site!

I will answer you inline so to make sure I don't miss anything :slight_smile:

My questions:
    - When posting in their own subdomain, will the staff be able to see all projects being posted to feature some of them ?

They can only see the projects by visiting the site. When you users start to upload they will be using their own upload folder, not the main site upload folder. So the pics will be stored on the subsite.

- Is it possible to integrate posts already made by users to their new page, or they will have to start from scratch?

you can export them for the new site if you like, but they will not be automatically connected or transferred.

- Is it possible to create a page with posts from blog, or best posts from blogs?

We do have a few network wide plugins and you can find plenty on the repository. They can show recent network posts, most active buddypress blog posts, etc. Just a matter of what you are looking to show. :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful!

Best,

Kimberly

• thiagopaulino

I see, happy to rear back from you Kimberly =)

Thanks for the complement!

So is there a way to limit category creation, and to have pre-estabilished categories?

Also, is it possible to have multiple pages in the users blog, so that he could have a portfolio page, a blog page, and a contact page, so that he could use it as a professional webpage?

About the network posts, i just saw the plugin and it seems nice. Can we separate network posts by category? And is it possible(even if custom code is needed) to specify which of the network posts is a featured one?

• Kimberly

Your users' blog will have all the same capabilities as a single wordpress install, unless you decide to change it with something like our ProSites plugin

You can even use the domain mapping to make it a top level domain and make it look even more professional for them

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that the majority of the network post tools will give you the option to display by post type. However some custom code work might land you with the capabilities you want by category.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.