BuddyPress Daily Theme Menu questions

Hi. This is a great theme. Many thanks for creating it. I have what might be a simple question!

Im running WPMU and BuddyPress. My default them is the BuddyPress Daily Child theme. I want to offer this as the only theme available for blogs that sign up. It is so customizable that it should meet the needs of most.

What I want to know, is there a way to disable certain items in the horizontal menu, such as forums, groups, blogs, ect; on any sub blogs that sign up, yet still retain these menu items on the main blog?

Thanks
Gary

Tammie

@GLCustoms: Glad you are enjoying the theme and it's a fairly simple question just depends on a few things Firstly if your blogs that sign up do not have buddypress then Daily will not have the buddypress components show on their blog if it's being used as a theme for those blogs. The only issue though with allowing Daily as a theme for your sub blogs would be they would also have theme options and customisation - whilst many users will find this great you may find you have to do extra support beyond a simple theme that has no options on it. However, you are also allowing your users to create a far richer experience with their blogs so that's not a bad thing.

Now, if you also want to have buddypress on those blogs then yes the menu items would show but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't have this being the case? If you did however wish to customise what navigation elements were seen for a site using buddypress you'd adjust the file buddypress-navigation.php under library/components/buddypress or for non buddypress sites you'd adjust library/components/navigation.php.

I hope this answered your question for you.