BuddyPress Fatal Error When Creating New Site

More issues with BuddyPress. I have BuddyPress 1.6.2 installed with the Membership Beta version.

I had to revert back to 1.6.2 because 1.6.4 caused some of my pages to be inaccessible.

I just tried to create a new site and when I try to visit the site I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in /home/sisterh0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 103

Again, please help.

Thanks so much,

JoAnn

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @JoAnn

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

As far as I can tell, the BP Groups calendar plugin is compatible only with BP 1.6.3 & newer.

looks like either you will need to upgrade to 1.6.3 / 4 or deactivate the bp group calendar.

maybe we can look into the problems you have with the 1.6.4 version.

If you create a duplicate website on a subdomain, you can use this new site as a testing ground without having to worry about an update messing with your live site.

but I'll ask around see if any of the other staff have come across these issues with 1.6.4.

sorry, I can't be of more help, if you require any further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hiya

there are 2 ways you can do it.

1st is just in a subfolder from your main domain. (easiest way)

so like http://www.yourdomain.com/dev-site

2nd way is to create a sub-domain

you would have to setup a subdomain in your hosts CPanel.

this would create a sub-domain where you would access you site with >

http://dev-site.yourdomain.com

you would then install wordpress at your new location. then copy the files from your existing sites wp-content/ mainly uploads/plugins/themes etc. then import/export from 1 site to the other using the tools menu (this will require some changes though afterwards)

best way is to use a backup/restore plugin such as xcloner to backup your existing site & restore it onto your new site. then be sure to disable search engine indexing.

let us know if you require any help with this. It can be daunting, but having a development test-site can save you a lot of work in future, as you can test updates before you update the live site.

regards

Vaughan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.