Buddypress forum page not found

Hello

Has anyone ever had this problem: I enable Buddypress sitewide forums and group forums.

I create forums but when I go to the forum page or topic page it says “page not found”

And can you create groups from a subdomain? It looks like Buddypress only lets you great groups from the primary site.

Dustin

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

Phil

Yes, the permalinks were saved both on the primary and subdomains. I tested again logged in as a regular user. Now I am taken to the registration page when I click on the forum topic using the WPMUDEV forums. What setting do you think I need to fix?

Also, for some reason the WPMUDEV forums added my topic 3 times. It seems each time I edit the forum it adds the topic again.

Dustin

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

Phil

Regarding your answer

You cannot use sub-domains for groups I’m afraid.

How can I address the following?:

I have a subdomain site. I want to create a forum for a specific membership level on that site only.

My thoughts were to use the Buddypress Groups and have a forum in a private group. Then I would add the URL for this group forum to the URL groups in the Membership plugin. I would then add this URL group only to the membership level I want.

However, I am not sure if this will work since the group is created at the primary domain level.

Dustin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

What are your BuddyPress Pages settings? Go to BuddyPress > Pages in your dashboard and ensure that you have a page set for Discussion forums.

Now I am taken to the registration page when I click on the forum topic using the WPMUDEV forums

Hold on, is it BuddyPress forums or our Forums plugin you’re having issues with? Are you using both and if so, why? They’re unlikely to play well together…

Are you using Membership? If so it sounds like your rules might just be blocking the forums. Check your levels to ensure that the rules aren’t blocking you from viewing the forums…

How can I address the following?:

You cannot use BuddyPress groups in a sub-site – you can only use BP on the main site so that wouldn’t be possible….

Cheers,

Phil

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

Phil

I want the forum to be on the subdomain site. Can this be done? If not, how can I restrict the forum or part of the forum to members of a level?

Hasn’t anything thought of this before? How do people with subdomain sites create forums for that site and for members of a certain level?

Dustin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Yep, I’m pretty sure you can activate bbPress on a per-site level, so you can just activate it on a sub-site.

Or you can just use our Forums plugin which would be even simpler – just activate on the sub-site and add a page anywhere on that site to insert a forum.

I can’t remember any specific instances to be honest, it’s not something that comes up a lot…

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.