buddypress group and membership plugin

I have BP and WPMUDEV membership plugin installed. I can use subscription plans and access levels at a user level but want to know how to do this at a BP group level i.e instead of individual users can I allow/deny access a BP group at a time.
Do you see any problems if a single user is part of more than 1 BP group both with their own access level settings?

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Shireen!

instead of individual users can I allow/deny access a BP group at a time.

This isn't possible in the current version of Membership. You can only do it the other way around where you can block/allow access to certain groups.

You can apply an access level to every member of a group :slight_smile: but you can't apply an access level to a group that automatically affects just it's members.

Do you see any problems if a single user is part of more than 1 BP group both with their own access level settings?

I'm not really sure how this would work because this would mean that joining the group would somehow have to change the access level of the user and vice versa when they leave the group. We do have a big update to Membership in the works right now. We'll see what happens once that is released :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions Shireen.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Shireen

Tyler
    I assign all logged in users to a default drip subscription plan and access level. The users are expected to stay forever at the same access level.
    Do you anticipate any problems if I manually change the access level to a different one? (sort of outside the subscription plan rules since they are always expected to stay at the initial access level)?

Also, making more than 1 subscription plan is possible but not advised?

Thanks
    Shireen

• Tyler Postle

Hey Shireen,

Hope you are well today!

You can add access levels to users that have a subscription, you just need to make sure their access levels don't conflict with their rules - otherwise they might not have access to certain pages that they are suppose too.

Also, making more than 1 subscription plan is possible but not advised?

You can have as many subscription plans as you want, but a user should only have 1 subscription active at a time :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.