Buddypress Group Calendar - create private event that doesn't show on master calendar?

I'd like to be able to designate an event as private to the group so it doesn't show up on the main calendar or public so that it does. This way a group can highlight a few of its events on the main calendar without the main calendar becoming cluttered with every event the group creates. Is this possible?

• willritter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick response. Your use of the word "however" confuses me. Did you mean to say that individual events can not bet marked private, only the whole calendar? That would make however the appropriate word. I'm not interested in making the whole calendar private, I just want to be able to send only important public events to the main calendar. If a user can't identify which events to filter, such as by marking specific events public or private, I may have to use two group calendars, one for group events that make it to the main calendar and a private one where they do not. Seems like a potentially confusing situation for group members to deal with two calendars.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

My apologies, I didn't proof read what I wrote.

Did you mean to say that individual events can not bet marked private, only the whole calendar?

That is correct.

Individual events cannot be marked as private. Only the whole group.

The calendar plugin is still relatively new, we welcome all feedback and you can post requests right here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests

The more popular a request the more likely it will be considered. You might wish to search first and see its been requested. :slight_smile:

Once again sorry about the confusion there.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.