Buddypress Group Calendar Error

Upon activation attempt I get this message. "The plugin does not have a valid header."

Is there a fix for this?

Update:

I'm now realizing I'm having trouble installing any WPMUDEV plugin... I get various errors including "fatal error" and the message "this plugin is only available for multisite" that pops up no matter where I go in the dashboard. (I had to log onto cpanel and manually delete.)

What could be causing this?

Update 2: My less plugin-heavy site http://www.midwestwisters.com has no issues activating Group Calendar Plugin... I imagine that this is a plugin issue. I'll do some diagnostics....

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Upon activation attempt I get this message. "The plugin does not have a valid header."

You should check that all the plugin files are correctly uploaded, that they have the right permissions and the 'owner' and 'group' are set correctly (compare them with other, functioning plugins).

"this plugin is only available for multisite"

That only appears if you're attempting to install a multisite plugin on a singe-site install. You will have to delete the plugin files in order to remove that message.

Hope that helps...

Phil

• FemmeBMX
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

"check that they have the right permissions and the 'owner' and 'group' are set correctly (compare them with other, functioning plugins)." <--- I know of two ways to install plugins. I tried both. Still get the same message.

As far as comparing the owner and group of other functioning plugins... I'm at a loss. Everything looks fine to me on that end and aside from things looking "normal" I don't know where else to go from there.

....the other issue I actually had to log into my cpanel and delete those files. That error message occured no matter where I tried to navigate (and I had to manually navigate) on my WP dashboard. Once I deleted it, all was fine in regard to the error message.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

If your less plugin heavy site worked fine and both sites are on the same server/hosting then one would assume it is indeed a plugin or theme conflict.

Have you tried deactivating all other plugins except this one and BuddyPress? If so what happens?
    Are you running the latest BuddyPress?
    Have you tried with the default BuddyPress theme? If so what happens?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I know of two ways to install plugins. I tried both. Still get the same message.

Using a tool like FileZilla (FTP client) take a look at the columns of information next to each folder in your plugins folder. They should all be the same, like this;

The "drwxrwxrwx" means that the files/folders are writable by PHP (and therefore WordPress). This is what is meant by "CHMOD 777"

The 514 and 517 in the other colum are the "Owner" and "Group" settings for that file/folder. This should be the same as your wp-content folder. These are effectively user accounts that have different roles and permissions, just like the user accounts in WordPress.

Hope that helps. If you want to send a screenshot of your plugins folder showing the permissions and owner/group we can see if it looks right.

Cheers!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.