BuddyPress Group Calendar Input Area Breaking HTML

Hi there, just installed my first plugin of yours the BuddyPress Group Calendar and when I go to add a new event, the Input Area is breaking the HTML border. Ok in Text mode, just visual mode.

Trying to use Bullet points, they appear in the Visual Area but not in live.

The calendar itself in the widget works, but the titles and links are the same colour so not clear which is a link.

Thanks for your help

Daniel

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is overwritten by your theme’s or other plugins’ css. Would you please share me a link so that I can check and suggest you correct css?

Please let me know.

Cheers

Ash

• Daniel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there, thanks for quick response, i didn’t see it sitting in inbox.

My site is http://www.thedreamfactory.net, the theme is MesoColumn.

The calender on the side bar widget has some other private events too, but when all viewed together they are so not beautiful as promised :wink:

I’ve built the site myself and did create a chilid theme, but it’s my first build, so I’m not sure where I make CSS changes.

I’m also trying to add another change into the style.css but I added the change into the child style.css and it didn’t take. If I have a child theme, do I still have to make the change in the parent css file? surely not.

I have another issue with my profile status in buddypress showing 43 years active. should I raise one issue per ticket?

Thanks for your help

Daniel

ps if I wanted to change my subscription to a year at the new member price, how long have i got to do that?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

It seems to see the page I need to login. Would you please send me your details so that I can check?

To send details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question

Subject: Attn-Ash

Details: Send all required details (admin info and ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.

Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Also this is 0710 morning here, so it’s bed time. I will check in the evening.

Cheers

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @daniel

First of all, yes our service is 24 hours :slight_smile: you will get answer of a thread as soon as possible. And all the time in day someone among our staffs is available in the forum :slight_smile:

The problem is, a single thread is handled by only one staff. Other staffs would not be involve here until someone is asked to. Also, it is not possible for one person to serve 24 hours in the forum, so everyone needs at least a 12 hour break :slight_smile: I hope you understand the situation :slight_smile:

Now, I logged in your site, but it seems you are using membership plugin and the user you sent has no access of any post. Would you please confirm this?

Also please post an url of the broken page. so that I can directly check that page.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ash

• Daniel

Hi Ash, thanks for getting back to me, your emails were going into my spam folder so didn’t see them. Great to have your help.

I was in the middle of trying out the membership plugin, I didn’t realise that it was protecting the whole site has I hadn’t enabled it. Have deactivated it now.

The user details I gave you should get you into the page.

So the issue at hand is firstly the broken html for the visual editor.

See the screenshot I attached above.

You can get into it at this URL which edits a calendar event.

http://www.thedreamfactory.net/groups/dream-factory-events/calendar/event/4/edit/

So as well as that visual input area breaking, I’m wondering how to change the css so that the calendar widget on the side bar is easier to read.

I’m not sure where that is edited or how to edit the css when using a child theme.

Thanks for your help

Daniel

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

There is a lots of conflict with your theme’s css.

Use the following css:

ul.events-list, ul.events-list li{
    list-style: disc !important;
    }
    table#event-desc_tbl td{
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• Daniel

Ash, I’m fairly new to wordpress and am using a child theme, can you tell me do I put this in the parent css file or the child one?

I’ve tried to add thigns to child theme css and not seen any changes before and I’m unclear why I would change the parent css file if I have a child them…

Thanks for your help Ash

Daniel

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay here. Somehow this thread is lost from my feed – apologize.

As you are using child theme and if your child theme is active, then you can out the css in your child css, at the very bottom.

Please try and let me know.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.