Buddypress Group Calendar Plugin

Hi,

We purchased Buddypress Even Calendar in November 2014. It was working fine until daylight savings time took effect on March 8, 2015; at that point, existing appointments on our group calendars display off by 1 hour. E.g., An event on March 12 that had been set to occur at 12-1 pm now (incorrectly) shows that it is scheduled for 1-2 pm. New events are okay, but I assume that when DST ends, those existing events will again be off.

The timezone set under Settings/General/Timezone in our Wordpress instance is shown below (Los Angeles time zone, in daylight savings time).

I'm guessing the plugin isn't tracking when the event was created (if it was created during DST or Standard time) so that it can adjust the time accurately when a transition occurs? Any suggestions for a fix, or is this already on your radar?

Thanks,

Patti

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Patti, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I'm curious, what is your server's timezone set to? An easy way to find this out would be to create a file called info.php in the root directory for your site (where files like wp-config.php reside), and insert this code into it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

You'll then be able to call it by going to http://domain.com/info.php (of course, replace domain.com with the actual domain for your site).

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Patti, thanks for posting that! :slight_smile:

Hmm... this is looking like something that we'll need to call in our second level support staff for, timezone issues can be a tricky thing to debug sometimes. I've called them in here, but just in case they need it, could you please send in the following via our contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jose

Hello Patti,

Hope you are doing great.

Couldn't reproduce the issue on my own install.
    I was taking a look into the plugin code, and there shouldn't be any issue with DST. Even if you change your site settings to a different timezone/location, the event time information should still work the same as when you created the event.

I would need the information requested by Michael above in order to take a further look.

Please let me know here once you send the information.

Cheers,
    Jose

• Patti

Hi Jose,

Thanks for confirming that there shouldn't be an issue with DST. We partly wanted to know if this was an outstanding issue or not, but it sounds like this might be something particular to us. Giving out admin access to our Wordpress instance isn't something I have permission to do, though, and so the team decided that that we're going to let this go. Thanks again for your help up to this point.
    Best,
    Patti

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.