BuddyPress Group Calender knocked out by CollabPress

After looking for a calendar a awfull long time that makes it possible to post group events (like training sessions of teams) I ended up using your plug-in.

Expanding the possibilities of our Website / Community I also need a project manager to post projects with tasks to be done.

I found CollabPress (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/collabpress/) that's as well included in BuddyPress which is really great.

BUT: the included calendar knocks out the BP Group Calendar.

Is there any chance to include the calendars or at least / maybe better: make them work besides eachother?

I don't have a big budget for realizing it but I think it might be great for other users as well to use both plug-ins!

Looking forward to your thoughts and answers!

Harald.

• Helloweenie

Thanks for your reply!

This shows up in front-end (on front page):

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use get_option() instead. in /www/htdocs/w00f1cfb/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /www/htdocs/w00f1cfb/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959

And this at /wp-admin/ log-in directory:

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use get_option() instead. in /www/htdocs/w00f1cfb/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Notice: Use of undefined constant MrlMediaSelector - assumed 'MrlMediaSelector' in /www/htdocs/w00f1cfb/wp-content/plugins/media-file-manager/media-selector.php on line 391

Thanks for your answer! Would be awesome to find the hopefully little bug. My first thought was: well, the tabs in buddypress are both called "calendar" maybe this causes the trouble already?!

Harald.

• Helloweenie

In between I found a solution to work it out and I feel a bit shamed as it is "just" a setting thing! There are group calendars for each group and the project manager (CollabPress) let's you set if the project cal. TAB is shown and the calendar itself as well in the group. If you de-activate it for the group, the bp group calendar shows up.

So I opened a group for all work-projects where the proj.cal. TAB is enabled and for all other groups (teams) it id disabled.

A tiny little setting thing but a huge step forward for me!

Maybe this topic helps someone else as well!?

Harald.

• Vaughan

hi @Helloweenie

sorry for the delay. so glad you found a solution to the calendar problem, hopefully someone else will find this useful should they have similar issues.

with regards to those error messages, I'm pretty sure it's the media-file manager plugin that needs updating to work with WP 3.5.1, I would check if there's an update somewhere.

thanks again for confirming you have resolved your issue.

Vaughan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.