Buddypress: Group title over cover image

Hello,
I wonder if it is possible to move the group title on the cover image of the group in Buddypress. I attach an image to be more specific . Thank you!!

• Ioannis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Jude,

it is not for a specific url. I need to do that generally in group pages. I would like the title of all the groups to appear in front of the cover image. And if you could share the code here I would be thankfoul so I can use it and in other projects or other people who might be interested can see the code too. Thank you!!

• Ioannis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Jude,

thank you so much, that did what I needed!!! But I have one more question. I try to create a black background behind the title. If position is set :absolute the background is extended full width and overlapping the sidebar. If position is set relative a big space appears before the cover image and does not dissappear if margin-top or padding top is set: 0px!important;. I attach images to check this out. Is there anything I could do about that? Thank you!!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Ioannis ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well, can you try this CSS code:

.bp_group #item-header {
        margin-top: -75px;
    }

.bp_group h1.entry-title {
        background-color: #000 !important;
        position: absolute;
        color: white !important;
        margin: 0 auto;
        padding: 5px !important;
        position: relative;
        top: 85px;
        width: 200px !important;
        z-index: 999;
    }

Note: The second block have some additions in relation to the code given by my teammate Jude, so, you will need to replace it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.