Buddypress Groups/Forums - jump to last posting, show private group, hide private group topics :(

Hi there :slight_smile:

I have a few questions about Buddypress Groups & Forums and didn't find anything on the internet.

-) If my users click on a topic, the first page always opens. If there are more than one site, it would be great, if the thread jumps to the last posting or last site. How can i do that or is there any plugin available?

-) I've installed groups with forums /groups/groupname/forum . All public forums (/forums) can be seen here. But the private forums not, even if user x is member of group y. Is it possible to show all (private) forums too, if the user is member of the group?
That would make it easier to find new topics. Because you have everything on one sight.

-) If non-members clicking on private group xy, the can see the threadtitles on the mainsite. If they click on these threads, the are back on the main page, so they can't open the thread. But is it possible to hide the threadnames too?

Sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings envy89,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I admit I am having a bit of trouble trying to get my head wrapped around what you are referring to.

Your English if fine and you are communicating well, and of course a good portion of your post is intended use.

-) If my users click on a topic, the first page always opens. If there are more than one site, it would be great, if the thread jumps to the last posting or last site. How can i do that or is there any plugin available?

Intended use. I searched for a plugin for this but cannot find anything.

-) I've installed groups with forums /groups/groupname/forum . All public forums (/forums) can be seen here. But the private forums not, even if user x is member of group y. Is it possible to show all (private) forums too, if the user is member of the group?

This is certainly unintended use. Private is indeed meant to be private. Once again checking all resources I have not found anything to make this happen.

-) If non-members clicking on private group xy, the can see the threadtitles on the mainsite. If they click on these threads, the are back on the main page, so they can't open the thread. But is it possible to hide the threadnames too?

These are all very good questions and plainly spoken in a place where we do not have any members of the Buddy Press coder team.

Have you asked over on Buddy Press about these very items that they specialize in?

What did they have to offer us (you and I) regarding these topics?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings envy89,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.