BuddyPress Installation

Hi, I am a beginner with WordPress and BuddyPress. I just installed the Business Theme to my new WordPress site. I want to use BuddyPress and Facebook Ultimate plug-ins with my site. Should I install those before I begin stylizing my site and adding content? And, should I download those plug-ins from you and follow your instructions for installation or should I do it through my WordPress dashboard?

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello loribella,

Welcome to the Community!

Its better to install them at first, many themes would have BuddyPress specific features that come alive only when BuddyPress is activated.

So go ahead and install BuddyPress and Ultimate Facebook first.

Where do you install it from doesn't really matter, as long as you are installing the right product. BuddyPress isn't a product of ours.

Good luck!

• aecnu

Greetings loribella_greene,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.