Buddypress Installation Issue

Hello,

I had an installation of Wordpress MU & Buddypress made from WP.mu.

I would like this MU site (www.youthspeaks.org/network) to be treated as the site that members register too, and enjoy the features of groups, blogs, etc.

The goal would be to preserver youthspeaks.org as a front end facing marketing site, rather than the place where people go for membership benefits, etc.

How do I do that?

Presently, I have the message below.

Any help you can offer is great.

--

You'll need to activate a BuddyPress-compatible theme to take advantage of all of BuddyPress's features. We've bundled a default theme, but you can always install some other compatible themes or update your existing WordPress theme.

The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Activity Streams, Site Tracking, Discussion Forums, User Groups, Members. Repair

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello rolandobrown,

Welcome to the Forum!

Apparently the current theme is a BuddyPress theme. Activate a BuddyPress theme and the first message will go away.

This plugin might help add that functionality to your existing theme: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-template-pack/

For this one:

The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Activity Streams, Site Tracking, Discussion Forums, User Groups, Members. Repair

Go to to BuddyPress > Pages and set the page, See the screenshot attached.

Hope this helps, Let me know!

• rolandobrown
    • New Recruit

Thanks!

I'm not sure I'm explaining my need well enough.

When I installed Wordpress MU and Buddypress .youthspeaks.org was my main directory, and so that is where Buddypress is installed.

I want my members to sign up via youthspeaks.org/network, which is a subsite of Wordpress MU.

I did turn out the Buddpress theme on that subsite, and yet I can't get things to work properly.

How do I change the buddypress settings, so that it makes people by default members of the network subsite, and not .youthspeaks.org?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rolandobrown,

The way to do this is to completely remove Buddy Press from your youthspeaks.org domain to include plugin and database entries.

Once you have completely removed it from your WordPress MultiSite installation you will then proceed to activating it on your sub site (youthspeaks.org/network) as planned.

It would be in your best interest to do a complete backup of both the site and database before attempting this operation.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.