Buddypress installation issues

I am having a terrible time with a new buddypress installation. The buddypress pages (Registration and Activation) are not created and link (in view mode) to sample page.
Blogs page doesn't even show as an option.

Thinking this might be a theme issue I attempted to set the theme. All themes I tried tell me I must have the default bp theme installed in order to work and that it is missing. However, I can FTP and see that it is in the buddypress plugins folder. I am completely baffled. I am not new to WPMU but it does seem to have changed a fair amount since my last install. What am I missing?

Thanks so much!
Bunni

• Bunni

Thank you Timothy. This is a nightmare! I still have some of the problems I originally mentioned. (and more)

1) I am not familiar with site tracking. I am getting a message that says there is no page associated with it. I don't know what should be on that page.

2) I still cannot install a buddy press theme. It is not recognizing the bp-default theme needed for the child themes (which I can see in FTP) (I installed Frisco, it's listed under "broken")

3) Forums used to be included in Buddypress when I last set one up. I can't see how to install them now. I see no mention of them. Can you direct me to installation info since they are no longer listed under components?

I have extended Access. Thank you.

• aristath

Hello there @Bunni, I hope you're well today!

1) I am not familiar with site tracking. I am getting a message that says there is no page associated with it. I don't know what should be on that page.

You can simply create a new page on your site called "Site Tracking" and then assign that page in the BuddyPress settings.

2) I still cannot install a buddy press theme. It is not recognizing the bp-default theme needed for the child themes (which I can see in FTP) (I installed Frisco, it's listed under "broken")

Try this:
    1. Download BuddyPress on your computer
    2. Extract the zip file you downloaded.
    3. In the extracted files, you will see this folder: bp-themes/bp-default. Copy this folder in your wp-content/themes folder on your site (via FTP).

3) Forums used to be included in Buddypress when I last set one up. I can't see how to install them now. I see no mention of them. Can you direct me to installation info since they are no longer listed under components?

Forums are no longer included in BuddyPress. You will have to install the bbPress plugin instead: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.