Buddypress Integration

I noticed that this plugin is not compatible with Buddypress and I was wondering if there are any plans for future integration? I would like to see my users be able to show ads on their profiles and share in the revenues of the ads shown. Is there any way to make this work?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi gregw100,

The Ad Sharing plugin is more of a site-based plugin actually, rather than a user-based one. The options it provides are available in the Network Admin area for the Super Admin to administer, then on the various sites in the network where Site Admins can add in their code.

What you're asking sounds like it'd be more of a user-based ad sharing plugin. For that matter, we can have a look at that here.

Anyone else interested in a BuddyPress user-based (or perhaps WordPress user-based) ad sharing plugin?

-David

• gregw100
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,

A user-based ad sharing plugin is what I'm looking for. The closest things I've found are the Social Ads Joomla plugin and the Author Advertising Wordpress plugin. It would have to be compatible with Buddypress. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,
    Greg

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Greg,

There's nothing I know of like that currently. I think it'd be a matter of custom development at this point. I'll check with a couple of the other guys over here to see if they've heard of anything like that though to be sure.

-David

• gregw100
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If nobody's heard of such a thing, would it be possible to convert the Joomla plugin to Wordpress? I know they are both written in PHP and it seems like with a little customizing, it should be able to work with Wordpress. I can send you a copy of the plugin if you'd like.

Thanks,
    Greg

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Given the degree of integration involved with user accounts and theme templates on this one, I don't think you could really "port" the plugin over from Joomla or really utilize any existing code.

I think you could more easily reuse code from the Ad Sharing plugin actually.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Greg,

If we get a bunch members here request something like this, we'll look into adding these capabilities, until then as David mentioned it would be custom development and not something we can assist with here in the forums. The modifications required are just beyond our ability to support here.

Thanks.

• mediwaves
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Although discontinued, you may give a try to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-ads/ plugin.
    OR
    try BP Replenished, a custom BuddyPress child theme.

It applies a fix to the BuddyPress Follow plugin by Andy Peatling, so that the follow buttons will not overlap and allows you to show advertisements (Adsense) throughout your BuddyPress enabled site.

OR
    have a look at the adsense implementation at http://hosticity.org/,

I hpoe this would solve some of your problems.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.