BuddyPress integration with the Fundraising plugin.

[I'm a newbie here, so please tell me if I should simply install the plugin and test it rather than asking the question first.]

With BuddyPress and the Fundraising plugin installed, do members have the ability to initiate their own fundraising projects or can they only be initiated by the site administrator?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @MichaelScott

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You did the right thing asking the question :slight_smile:

With BuddyPress and the Fundraising plugin installed, do members have the ability to initiate their own fundraising projects or can they only be initiated by the site administrator?

If its activated on one site, it can not use different paypal email addresses for all fundraisers else it would have been possible.

If you want to offer the members ability to create their own fundraisers, you can use WordPress multisite and allow them to create sites on your WordPress/BuddyPress network.

They can then use Fundraising plugin for creating their own fundraisers.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• MichaelScott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi PC,

Thanks for your response.

I have installed WordPress Multisite and am happy to use the Fundraising plugin with the one PayPal account, so it sounds like it's feasible for Memebers to create their own fundraising projects and the money goes automatically into the one PayPal account.

That's great and is just what I want.

One thing that you could help me on ... I initiated a question "Setting up WordPress in a subdomain after successfully installing WordPress Multisite for the parent" and it's gone quiet, but the issues are not resolved. How do I get someone to look at the last post I did?

Thanks again PC.

Best regards ... Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.