Hey all. So, I just got out of live support and they suggested I open a Support Access ticket; which I have. Here is the overview:
I have a multisite (http://www.intothemythica.com) which is a publishing company. Intentions are to have Buddypress operate from a sub-site, so I installed the code snippet into wp-config that sets Buddypress to the sub-site; in this case; (http://www.mythica.intothemythica.com). Note the difference in the URL; 'intothemythica' versus 'mythica', with Mythica being the Buddypress site.
This is a reinstallation of Buddypress from a long time ago, I had let it go because I was working on other things. i'm having issues that need assistance.
This is the order of operations as i've tried it:
1) Set WP-CONFIG secondary blog Buddypress code - CHECK
2) Turned on Buddypress - CHECK
3) 'Activity' and 'Members' pages working on Mythica sub-site - CHECK
4) CREATE NEW PAGE for 'Register' and 'Activate' - ** Pages are created but do not load. When attempted to 'View page' from Buddypress settings; (http://www.mythica.intothemythica.com); the main page; is loaded.
5) Changed 'Settings' on 'Mythica' (sub-site) to load 'Activity' page as main page; to test . 'View page' of 'Register' and 'Activate' goes to determined front page for Mythica site, now, 'Activity'
6) CANNOT make new posts - tried to update posts on the Activity stream; was not given a button to post. Can, however, make comments on previous posts.
7) EARLIER POSTS BUT NOT NEW POSTS - The Activity page is showing posts from 5 months ago, but is not showing any new posts throughout the network and, as said, I cannot post to the Activity stream.
8) Created 'Site Tracking' in attempt to solve issue - i am still learning Buddypress. I turned on 'Site Tracking' and set the page. SUCCESS. This brings up the Site Tracking page, yet the page DOES NOT show associations between more recent sites and their owners. Is this connected to the lack of update of recent posts mentioned earlier?
9) Turned ON registration (with a security check; defending against bots) from Network Settings; yet Registration did not happen nor could View Page - Registration bring me to the proper page.
This is my intention:
To have a centralized location where the posts from the multiple sub-sites are shown, * with * graphics and a link to that site in the Activity feed.
To be able to post new information to the Activity feed.
To have recent posts show up in the Activity feed.
Registration and Activation allowed with security check plug-ins working.
That's all for now. Thank you for your support. I'm sure this can work out easily with the right application of Knowledge :slight_smile: