BuddyPress like Etsy

I purchased your plugin because it said you could make a etsy like site but I am not able to make the site work like it should and would like a refund of my purchase. I don't think that you should say it works like etsy on your site because it is nothing like it. I have spent a lot of time going through the forums and am not able to find the information I need to make it work.

• Kimberly

andrewhoffman65

Hello and Welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

I am not sure where Buddypress factors into all this, but if you have any particular spots where you can reference Buddypress and an Etsy like site I would be interested to see :slight_smile:

Perhaps you mean Marketpress?

Here is the basic breakdown of how Etsy works:

Members of Etsy create a store, they sell their items, Etsy gets commission off sale.

Here is how you can do the same with Marketpress.

Enable Multisite (creating the ability for members to create a store and sell their items), and set up PayPal Chained Payments in the Marketpress Gateways- there is a link to learn how create the application in the Chained Payments meta box- (to allow you to take commission off sales).

So you can easily set up your site to work like Etsy with these two elements :slight_smile:

If you need anything else please let us know!

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.