BuddyPress magazine theme thumbnails and post images

I have added my images to the library and attached them to my posts. They work fine in the slideshow on the front page and look as they are supposed to.. however on the thumbnail view and on the actual posts (after clicking 'read more') they cut off the top of the images.

How can I get them so that they align from the top instead of cutting the top off?

Attached is an example so you can see what I mean.. I currently only have an image on my 'news post 2':

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@creativeculture: This is because of the styling alignment in the code. Should you wish to change this you have to edit either the size under theme options or / and the following code in home.php:

LIne 31:

<span class="attach-post-image" style="height:110px;display:block;background:url('<?php the_post_image_url($image_display); ?>') center center no-repeat"> </span>

change the center center by either removing or changing to another alignment like top left eg:

<span class="attach-post-image" style="height:110px;display:block;background:url('<?php the_post_image_url($image_display); ?>') top left no-repeat"> </span>

• FemmeBMX
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is it possible "choose" the image the slideshow on the frontpage decides to show? It seems as though it's automatically choosing the last image I use inside a post.

Also; for future reference what is the ideal size for photos and thumbnails in order for them to display correctly without modification to the theme?

Thanks again.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It is an auto filled in image from the post - you can order under your post editing screen and attachments. The size is dependent on your site settings for thumbnail, full and so on... it will show either a centered image or part of that image.

• FemmeBMX
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ordering my attachments does not work. It literally ONLY takes the last photo uploaded/selected... I did find a way around it if I upload/select the photo I want last <--- that works SOMETIMES.

Continued attempts to order the image gallery does not work after a fresh install of the parent and child theme as well.

Other than that I am very happy with my results at my website.

Please feel free to check out how I've used this theme.

-Amanda

http://www.femmebmx.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.