BuddyPress --Membership Access - Show only 6 most recent Blog Posts

I have a blog where I am using the catlist plugin to show my 6 most recent posts on the home page. What I am trying to do is setup membership in my BuddyPress system to where "free" members are only able to see the 6 most recent posts. Any posts older than that require premium membership.

I added the [free] shortcode to my home page content that uses the catlist plugin. Then I changed permissions on the category of my blog that I want to limit access to hoping that the first 6 posts would remain active on my home page. It didn't work.

Any help, advice, or direction to supporting documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ddrohde,

Somewhat bypassing your current setup for the moment, would it be possible for you to create a category, something like a Featured category, for Free members? Free members could only see posts from this category and you could simply move posts from this category as necessary?

Would something like that work for you?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ddrohde, we haven't heard from you in a while on this. Did you get it setup in a way you're happy with? I'm marking this as resolved to keep things tidy here but please feel free to un-resolve and I'll see how I can help out.

Thanks,
    David

• ddrohde
    • New Recruit

David,
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. I wasn't able to get it to work. What we are trying to is make archived content for a specific category only available if you are a member. We will be posting content daily so I don't think the solution you provided is efficient. I am thinking along the lines of writing a script (no sure for doing so in WP) that will display 6 blog entries then require membership beyond those entries. We have a membership site.

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.