BuddyPress missing 'Create Group' or 'Post' Buttons

This is a weird one I’ve just been informed today, I’m going to start by removing some plugins to find the culprit but just in case I’m posting here (It’s a live site)

My site (airsoftnation.co.uk) doesn’t show the ‘Create’ groups button – and in groups you can’t Post.

Perhaps something silly I’ve missed, but I’m certain the site was fine the other day. As it’s a live environment I’m not keen on making many changes so I’m going to probably put it into maintenance mode later and try any suggestions.

Many Thanks,

Graham

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

What’s the difference between those users that can and can’t post?

Do they have different roles or capabilities? have you used any user role editing plugins at all?

There must be something that’s different about the users that can’t post compared to those that can.

Thanks

• Graham
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I’ve just used ‘Bulk Editor’ and put them all to subs. (Except admins), but even I can’t post in the group haha.

Interesting the guy who can post, still can. Yet when I run ‘Switch User’ plugin I still can’t post as him.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Which group?

I’m currently logged in with support access using the ka1z3n account.

I was able to see the create group link on the community groups page and was able to create a group.

however, i don’t seem to be able to post, the text area is there & I can enter content in it. but there is no submit/post button at all.

You seem to have some CSS hiding the submit button in the activity stream.

#buddypress #whats-new-options {
    height: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

The height: 0 is what is hiding it.

You can try overriding it by adding the following to your theme style.css

#buddypress #whats-new-options {
    height: auto !important;
    }

Hope this helps

• Graham
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Okay, after he logged in on another machine he now can’t post to groups. I’ve also now ‘reset’ account permissions and confirmed the solution isn’t fixed. I’ll try and disable all the plugins tonight, if not I’ll re-install BP.

After that, try a different theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.