Buddypress - moving group wiki pages / posts and forums to another group

Hi WPMU DEV

I have several groups within my Buddypress site and want to make it simpler for my users by only having one main group.

Is there a way to transfer/import the entire contents and history of a group to another group? I'm talking Wiki pages, member posts and forum topics...

I remember before that there was a way to access and assign wiki pages within the Wordpress admin backend, but this doesn't appear to exist anymore! I've alos looked at: BuddyPress Frontend Admin...which doesn't seem to allow me to do what it says on the tin (i.e. transfer wiki pages between groups!?)

Any guidance and help would be appreciated...the easier the better!

Ben

• aecnu

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I know of no way to easy or automatic way to perform this function.

However, this may be best facilitated by using direct database manipulation by cutting members from the old group and appending/pasting them to the new.

To help ease the pain and assist modifying the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.