buddypress multiblog ON + multidomain display little issue

Hi !

Experimenting the "multiblog" buddypress function it works fine.

I am building a "global" bp network BUT with 6 differents portals with different content but ONE community (groups forums etc)

For now it works fine.

The subsites with buddypress are mapped, and the domain is also availble in multidomain for site creation.

It works just fine BUT i have a display issue on those subsites on the blog creation form : the text area is automatically completed by the subsite domain, AND the dropdown menu is on top. Of course the site creation process takes the domain choosen in the menu.

I would like to have the dropdown above or at bottom of the text area and not display the default site adress.

I have n o idea on what to change.

Sure create a child theme (in order to not alter the default child themes used on other sites) but what do I need to change ?

Moreover, it seems the "join us" default link on themes take the original domain, not the mapped one, which causes an issue in that scenario.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello again Aphrodite,

If I understand you correctly about not wanting the default domain name to be selectable by users, what you'll want to do is navigate in your admin to Super Admin > Multi-Domains where you should see a list of your sub-domains, as I'm sure you're aware. :slight_smile:

From that list, you'll want to select to Edit the default domain name, and set the Domain Status to "private". This will make it so that the domain name won't show in the list for users to select.

Also, if you want to change the appearance or layout of the form itself, you'll have to edit the plugin itself, rather than editing with your theme files. And that's something I should leave for the developers to comment on.

Please let me know if that helps or if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    David

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

The plugin uses javascript to replace the domain name by the dropdown (function 'enqueue_signup_javascript' in the plugin file). So, I guess something has changed in the signup page html.

Sure create a child theme (in order to not alter the default child themes used on other sites) but what do I need to change ?

You may want to modify the html of the signup page so that the dropdown is successfully added by the plugin javascript, or modify the plugin javascript.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

@david : no because i am on subsites, and the taken domain is not the domain, but the subsite domain complete sitex.domain.com.

@ulrich : yes possible cause the name still appear. That occure in buddyfun at least, will test with the other themes I need to use. thanks for the avise but have no real idea on how to do that. WIll have a look today :slight_smile:

and what about the "join us " link ?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

You can filter the function:

add_filter( 'bp_core_get_root_domain', 'my_bp_core_get_root_domain' );
    function my_bp_core_get_root_domain( $domain ) {
    if ( defined( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG' ) )
    $domain = get_home_url( BP_ROOT_BLOG );
    return $domain;
    }

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

hum...

ins fact this seems an issue with domain mappin (with RC3....)

the custom domain does not appear as mapped in the sites list as it should.

If I mannually chenger the domain in site settins it just works fine for registration process, just remain the dropdown selector that is not in place of the default domain text

working on it :slight_smile:

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

hello

The plugin uses javascript to replace the domain name by the dropdown (function 'enqueue_signup_javascript' in the plugin file). So, I guess something has changed in the signup page html.
    You may want to modify the html of the signup page so that the dropdown is successfully added by the plugin javascript, or modify the plugin javascript.

seems simple to you but may i have a tip on how to perform that ? Where is the concerned html code to change ?

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

a part the wpmudev plugins network activated there is no plugin activated on the site.

deactivated all non wpmudev plugins and still the same :slight_frown:

even deactivated the "disable admin barr" plugin that allow to show the buddypress bar instead of the default wp one.

other thing, the login pannel does not work, it redirect on the wp login pannel for login.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

ok

so
    with OR without plugins

It does not work with :
    social
    fun
    corporate
    scholar (with a display bug , the http:// is on top or the domain text area which take 100% of the line and the default domain in text at bottom of the line) )

it works fine with
    social
    daily
    business
    magazine (with display bug, the dropdown is not on the same line of text area)
    business blog
    Educlean
    Studio and business feature (those one are absoluty perfect, dropdown on same line nice :slight_smile: )

MOreover i am always redirected twice on login on the same adress and have to auth twice before login (sso on in multidomain does not apply neither)

http://legions-aion.org/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://legions-aion.org/wp-admin/&reauth=1

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

It just tried with BP Fun and the dropdown appears. See screenshot below. Did you remove the mu plugins also?

You will need to modify your themes css to tweak the displays.

MOreover i am always redirected twice on login on the same adress and have to auth twice before login (sso on in multidomain does not apply neither)

Looking into it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.