Buddypress navbar

I'm using the Daily Theme and Membership plugin. How would I hide the buddypress navbar from unsubscribed visitors?

• HolisticDesigns
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi tdigges,

It does depend on the version of BuddyPress you are using

The setting to hide the navbar from non logged in users is typically under BuddyPress settings and is called "Show the admin bar for logged out users". Just untick this and this will disappear.

All the best

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

So you tried @HolisticDesigns advice:

The setting to hide the navbar from non logged in users is typically under BuddyPress settings and is called "Show the admin bar for logged out users".

And that didn't work?

Admin --> Network Admin (if applicable) --> Settings --> BuddyPress --> Settings [TAB]

And you disabled it, so it shouldn't show whilst logged out?

If so then you must have a plugin altering that somehow. Maybe even the theme.

You would need to deactivate all plugins and revert to the default Twenty Eleven theme. Then test to see if it's gone. If it is then re-enable each one, one at time.

That should tell you which one is changing the default behaviour. Also check if you have a custom bp-custom.php file in your /plugins/ folder. Could be something there.

Let us know how you go.

Take care.

• tdigges
    • Flash Drive

Yes this is the case. The buddypress bar stays even not being logged in, when I'm logged in with no subscription and logged in with a subscription.

To be clear I want the buddypress navbar to display only to members that are logged and have a paid subscription.

I'll attempt to revert soon. It seems like a lot of work to revert and then redo all the settings.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You'll have to let us know how your debugging goes.

when I'm logged in with no subscription and logged in with a subscription.

It will show regardless of subscription unless you have something to alter that behaviour.

It shouldn't however show when logged out if you have it disabled.

To disable for people with no subscription on a stranger level you could make a basic plugin with the do_shortcode() function and use the stranger shortcodes then include code in there to disable the admin bar.

Perhaps this could be used as a base for you:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-admin-bar-removal/

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.