Buddypress navigation and membership navigation

Hello

I am using the WPMUDEV plugins, such as the Membership plugin, in addition to Buddypress and the Mingle Theme. I am not sure if I should use the Buddypress login and navigation or the Wordpress/membership navigation. Or should I use both?

How do I get this to work with the Buddypress navigation?

Dustin

• aecnu

Greetings Dustin,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I am not sure if I should use the Buddypress login and navigation or the Wordpress/membership navigation. Or should I use both?

Membership basically takes over the entire site, therefore it is my opinion that you need to use the Membership primary over Buddy press.

What issues have you had trying to integrate the two?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Dustin,

Thank you for that important additional information, it is a great help trying to envision what is indeed going on there and what you are trying to accomplish.

In thinking about it, I believe it would be less confusing for your clients to not have the Buddy Press Bar in their face at all.

This will also take care of the incorrect signup page and issues related to that.

To hide the Buddy Press Bar:

Create a new file and name it bp-custom.php then enter this into it:

define('BP_DISABLE_ADMIN_BAR', true);

Upload it to:

/wp-content/plugins/

So the path would be:

/wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php

This will disable your BuddyPress admin bar.

If you want to redirect the signup of the Buddy Press Bar this will take a little more information to accomplish and a small modification of the htaccess file.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.