BuddyPress need help with customizing register page

hi,
first i want to say that i have been waiting all week for Programming and Code chat session, and its really REALLY disappointing to see now there the "host is not available for this session" :slight_frown:

now, what im trying to do is to edit the register page of buddypress, i have created some fields in the backend and put them in 4 groups, the register page shows only the first group.
i have tried to look info online but only found lots of other people trying to do the same but no solution or someone who made it.

is it even possible to achive with buddypress or there is a reason why no body found a solution?

thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @shakuf, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

first i want to say that i have been waiting all week for Programming and Code chat session, and its really REALLY disappointing to see now there the "host is not available for this session" :slight_frown:

My apologies for the inconvenience, my colleague Jose had an urgent matter that he had to attend to, which is why he wasn't able to host the chat today. Though I do I believe that there was a Programming and Code chat earlier this week with my colleague Hoang...

That said though, let's dig into your question here:

now, what im trying to do is to edit the register page of buddypress, i have created some fields in the backend and put them in 4 groups, the register page shows only the first group.

This looks to be the solution to that scenario, I see that it mentions being able to choose which fields/groups show up on the registration page (it does use a different registration page though):

http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-ajax-registration/

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• shakuf

hi michael
    thank you for your reply.
    ajax registration is not good for me as my client wants the regular registration look and feel.
    is there another way to achive this?
    somthing doesnt add up, in the code i find this line -
    <?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=1' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

isnt it supposed to pull all groups?