I'm building an online WordPress video training site via Multisite setup. The goal is after users purchase a subscription, they will be able to create their account and a new WordPress Child site. In addition to new child site, they will also have access to some protected content.
I have a few questions.
1. How do you incorporate multiple WordPress themes into 1 site. So I have a set of public pages, that use 1 theme, and then I have some protected pages, I would like to use a different theme. Can I use multiple themes on the same site, or should I create another child site, say "Lessons" and move the protected content there, and assign a different theme to that site? I would prefer to use 1 site if possible.
2. I noticed when I log into one of the child sites, when I go to My Sites, I can see one of the other Child sites in the dropdown list, however when I click on it, it says I don't have permission. How do I make it so I only see my site in the list?
3. When a user logs into their new site, there is certain protected data and plugins, I would like them to have access to by default... so I don't have to manually add for each new site.. I want them to see the protected content from the membership they purchased... Can the Protected Content (which is a bunch of video lessons) automatically show in the New Child site when they create it, or does that information have to exist in a separate site? For example, the "Lessons" site I referred to above? If it has to exist in a separate site, does this mean when they purchase a subscription, the MySites will point to two sites, the Protected Content site (Lessons), plus the site they purchased?
4. I've installed Buddypress and BBpress and Network activated both, however, when I go to one of the child sites (created with a different user than admin), I don't see any of the BuddyPress pages, however I do see BBpress. What do I need to do to get Buddypress show up on the child site automatically? Also the main site, and the child site is using two different themes.. does that make a difference?
5. Every child site will use Buddypress and BBpress.. I want it where each site has their own community and forums, and they dont see all the other sites community and forums - bc each one will be a niche based on the site owner, but I would like on the main site to aggregrate all the child sites members, activities, is this possible?
6. Do you have any documentation on customizing the WordPress Dashboard? When a site owner logs in, I would like to customize the default dashboad UI.