Buddypress not working

Hello,

I cannot get buddypress to work at all on my blog.

Also, I have to deactivate plugins in network admin for them to become
active for sites. (strange, but I have found this in both installations of wordpress multisite).

Ok, here is the problem, Buddypress does not appear in the plugins list at all
for any site (only 1 site set up right now). Whether I activate or deactivate the
plugin, buddypress is not listed on the plugins page.

Your installation instruction tell me to move a folder called bp-sn-parent to the themes
folder. I cannot do this as the folder in question is not included in the buddy press download.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-and-buddypress-installation/installing-and-activating-your-default-buddypress-theme/

Please help

Thanks
Dan

• Philip John

Hiya!

Also, I have to deactivate plugins in network admin for them to become
    active for sites. (strange, but I have found this in both installations of wordpress multisite).

This is standard behaviour - network activating a plugin makes it active on all sites. Activating on each site individually would be like activating it twice, which isn't possible.

for any site (only 1 site set up right now). Whether I activate or deactivate the

BuddyPress can only be used on one site in a network at a time. By default this is the main site.

Your installation instruction tell me to move a folder called bp-sn-parent to the themes
    folder.

Sorry, this is no longer relevant - I'll have that taken out.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Just to elaborate on this point....

When your WordPress install is set up as a multisite, the plugin can only be activated sitewide:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Plugins

It can't be installed on individual websites within a network. Although it can function on all websites but it would share the data from the main blog.

If its the activity stream type thing your looking for, then we do have a plugin which is similar. I suppose its more like Tumbler, each person has their own site and they can post in a facebook like fashion.

You can find our Status plugin here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/quick-status

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.