BuddyPress on Shared w/ MU

Quick question. I host with Web Hosting Hub (cpanel, paid shared hosting, WP compatible) and have a root-level multi-site install (its using blogs.dir for uploads). WP version 3.2.1.

Can I run BuddyPress itself on my setup?

Also, I was told that WordPress is supposed to be creating generated thumbnails in wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2011/xx. I see all the original featured images there, but I am not seeing any generated thumbnail versions of those same images. I was told on BuddyPress to verify this before installing.

Any advice?

• DavidM

Hi coreymj78,

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. Could we get a link to the BuddyPress post you're referring to? It'll help to see what else they've mentioned about it as I'm not quite familiar with this specific one.

In any case though, is it possible for your to install and test BuddyPress to see how it works? I imagine that since you've got Multisite running already, BuddyPress wouldn't be an issue.

-David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks