BuddyPress plugin for WordPress breaks SUPPORTER & SUPERADMIN

I have supporter installed as well as membership. Attached are some screenshots of my WordPress MS admin area. You'll see that when the buddypress plugin for wordpress is disabled, the WPMU plugins Membership and SuperAdmin appear as well.

When I enable the buddypress plugin, both Membership and SuperAdmin disappear from my administrator's sidebar. Isn't Supporter and Membership suppose to work with Buddypress in a multi-site WordPress community?

• DavidM

Hello epkhosting,

First of all, welcome to WPMU DEV! We're glad you're here!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the plugin combination there. I've got the same combination of Supporter, Membership and Buddypress with multisite enabled, running on two test sites and I'm not getting that error so I'm guessing there's something different with your particular configuration.

First things first, could you let us know which versions you're using of Wordpress, Supporter, Membership and Buddypress?

Also, have you by any chance tried testing it out with only Supporter, Membership and Buddypress active as plugins? If not, could you try this and let us know how it works out?

Cheers,
    David

• WP Chef

I now have the latest versions of all three plugins. Supporter and Membership are installed as per the instructions. They work fine until i enable BuddyPress which is installed in /plugins/

I am still missing Super Admin once I enable BuddyPress.

When I enable BuddyPress I am logged in as the super admin and at the root domain level. All three tabs disappear (Membership, Super Admin, Supporter) while within the root domain website.

When I switch to another website (bandsite.epkhosting.com) I can see both Supporter and Membership tabs in the left sidebar but I cannot see Super Admin... even though I am logged in as a super admin.

When I try and access the Super Admin url http://epkhosting.com/wp-admin/ms-admin.php
    I get this error message;

You do not have permission to access this page.

• Philip John

Hi epkhosting!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to your issue!

I've noticed an error in your screenshot;

The plugin /buddypress/bp-loader.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

Can you double check that the file mentioned (bp-loader.php) has infact been uploaded to your site.

If it has, try uploading it again and make sure it isn't corrupted.

If that has no impact, check the permissions on the file - look at the files around it for what it should be.

Also check that the 'owner' and 'group' for the file are the same as those around it. If not, change them to match other BuddyPress files.

Let us know how you get on!
    Phil