Buddypress profile additions post registration

Hi.
I would like to add conditional logic to our site registration that is running the latest buddypress. Given buddypress registration does not allow for conditional logic, I was going to use Gravity Forms to do this....but then there is the issue of Gravity Forms not creating a buddypress user but really just a wordpress user when you use their plugin for the buddypress registration.

I was wondering if you know of a way where we could just do a very basic user registration via buddypress (like get the user's name and email), but then redirect the user after confirmation to a form to grab additional profile fields to add them to the extended buddypress profile, post registration, and that could also be edited by the user in their buddypress profile in the future.

That way, based on the type of user account, I could show additional fields for User type A vs User type B, and even take them down different membership paths. I could add the dropdown for the user type with the initial buddypress registration and then redirect to a more specific page for that user, I suppose.

Gravity Forms seems to be the best plugin for this but maybe you know of the best way to do this?

• aecnu

Greetings kriscone,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

The only thing I can think of is possibly a redirect to the Gravity Forms form after the basic registration you have mentioned above.

The Login With Ajax may be just the tool for the job as it claims to:

Redirect users to custom URLs on Login and Logout

Redirect users with different roles to custom URLs

Please let us know how it goes if you try it out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.