BuddyPress Profile Fields Import/Export

I maintain three separate sites that use the same exact profile fields information.

It would be nice to have an import/export feature.

~k~

• danbutcher
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would like to second this. I use BP for teaching, and one of the first things I do each semester to work to take the info from my students' registration/profile and move it into other software for tracking. An exporter plugin would be great.

What I would really like is something akin to Drupal's Views module, which allows for the user to access the data in the tables in various ways by providing an easy interface to select fields and tables and then output the selections.

• Aaron
    • CTO

What I would really like is something akin to Drupal's Views module, which allows for the user to access the data in the tables in various ways by providing an easy interface to select fields and tables and then output the selections.

Sounds like PHPMyAdmin to me...

• danbutcher
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

"Sounds like PHPMyAdmin to me... "
    Yes, but with a much better interface, and the ability to output data for users.

Example: back when I used Drupal for my teaching sites, I created a view that allowed me to display a table of all student posts on a particular topic sorted alphabetically by student last name and filtered by section (I had 2 sections of an American lit class working together on one course site). So I could type in that I wanted post numbered "8" for section A, and I would get the alphabetized list of students who had done that post and when they did it. Of course, this view was available only to me as teacher/site admin.

Second example: Much like the first example, imagine the ability to provide users with a sortable table of users and data from profile fields. On a music site, if users entered a favorite genre in their profile, Views functionality would be used to output a table of username with link to profile, the user's musical preference, etc. The table could include the ability to sort on name, preference, or other fields.

Basically, what this sort of function does is allow for the display of all information to the user in ways WP typically allows only with custom fields on posts, because it provides access to comments, profile fields, etc.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.