BuddyPress Profile Fields - some are links, others are not

Can you tell me please why some profile fields display as links and others do not. For example on my own profile you will see that my age , location, sexual identity, etc are all links, but nearest big city is not a link.

And in the second screenshot I am seeking, the first four items are links and the fifth is not.

I have checked the settings to see if there are any differences between them and there are not.

Website is ChristianGaysDating.com
Support Access is granted.
Thank you.

• Rupok

Hi Mary, hope you had a wonderful day.

You can fix this by creating a MU Plugin. For creating a MU Plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'link_big_city_search' );
    function link_big_city_search() {
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
          jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    		var bCity = jQuery('.field_82 .data > p').text();
    		jQuery('.field_82 .data > p').each(function() {
    		    var text = jQuery(this).text();
    		  jQuery(this).html(text.replace(bCity, '<a href="https://christiangaysdating.com/members/?members_search='+bCity+'">'+bCity+'</a>'));
    		});
          });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

It will hyperlink your nearest big city. Please check this screencast: http://take.ms/LeXP7

And in the second screenshot I am seeking, the first four items are links and the fifth is not

I'm afraid, somehow your screenshot was not attached with your ticket. Can you please share that screenshot again with us and also the URL of that page where I can see that so I can give you the fix for that too?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Mary,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

For the Nearest Big City field, the auto link was marked as disabled, I have changed it to enabled, and now the link for the city is working by default. You can find the option to edit it, under, Users > Profile Fields > Required > Nearest Big City

Why is the last item in the second screenshot not the same as the first four? It just doesn't make sense.

It seems like the text Someone To Go To Events With is long, and hence it doesn't seem to form a link. I tried to add new test option, and it seems to work with proper link. Would recommend you to delete the existing one, and add a new option which doesn't have a long text like before. You'll have to create a new one, editing the existing one, doesn't seem to work in this case.

You can find the option to edit it, under, Users > Profile Fields > Seeking Friends or Dating > I Am Seeking

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Mary

Dear Nithin, this helps tremendously. Thank you. Now I'm just wondering why on ChristianGays.com the profile fields do not show as links, but on ChristianGaysDating.com they do.

I have two monitors (actually three), and I have put profile fields for both sites side by side, and they are identical, especially paying attention to Autolink, but on CG they are not links.

Any idea why not?
    Support Access granted for both sites.
    Thank you.

• Nithin

Hi Mary,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could see the difference, what you have pointed out. I tested Autolink in my system, and it should work out of the box. This issue could be caused from one of your plugins breaking this Autolink feature, since it's a live website, I didn't perform a plugin conflict test.

Could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.