BuddyPress Profile Message System for Non-logged in Users

Hi There,

I have been looking for something for months now and don't seem to be getting a proper answer on it so just thought I'd ask you guys (...as you seem to have an answer to all my WP ills :wink: )

What I am basically looking for is a way to add a message tab to a BuddyPress profile page. I need users to be able to message the profile user whether or not they are logged in (like a directory where potential clients can send a quick message to the listed member) the main focus being on user not being logged in to be able to message, could even have a recapture to make sure it's not spammed. Is this possible with BuddyPress? I have head things about Contact Form 7 but can't seem to figure out how to configure it to work properly.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you,
Kekeli

• Nastia

Hello @Kekeli, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for your question!

It's doable, but complicated and would require a lot of custom coding. It may be done by tweaking the Buddypress plugin code, and show "Private Message" not only to users, but to visitors as well. If you not comfortable with a PHP then it's better to hire a developer

Please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs & Pros section on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I can also suggest to install a Social Login plugin, so your visitors could login easily, using their social platform, therefor, send message to another users.

If you require additional information, please, let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Kekeli

Thanks for the reply @Anastasia

Ok, change of direction then. I have been looking into the WPMUDEV Directory plugin but unfortunately there is not a lot of info as far as seeing it in demo form so that I can see things in action so it is kind of hard to visualize how the listing looks on a full page. Is it possible to integrate directory listings with your Google Maps plugin so that one can see all this listings in a particular category on a map (instead of, or including) the list view?

Also, do you guys have any sites you know of that use the Directory plugin, I have noticed others have asked for demo sites in the past because it is really weird that you don't have any front end type system where people can see and interact with the system this complex to make sure it meets their needs?

Thanks,
    K

• Sajid

Hi @Kekeli,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Our directory plugin can be used with any WordPress theme and also can be customized according to your requirements with the help of CSS tweaks.

Directory plugin uses WordPress custom post type for listings and therefore Goolge maps plugin is fully compatible with it. You can add maps in a listing page by using the TinyMce Editor button as well as use custom fields mapping option.

I am afraid, we don't have any visual demo of this plugin at the moment. However, we are working on showcase section where members can share their site built with our plugins and themes. Its not live yet but hopefully will be soon, can not give an ETA though.

Also, please always create separate ticket for each question to get faster response and according to our forum posting rules.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.