Buddypress registration form

Hi,
I have Buddypress enabled in one of our projects, and would like to design a registration form with just an email,nickname and password.

I'd like to disable email confirmation (I have seen WPMUDEV's plugin but buddypress registration has different hooks, I don't know if it will work, and I'd rather use a hook if I can. We have way too much plugins)

Could you please help me build a form like this, and to insert the values. I will then turn it into a shortcode. Thanks a lot.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alp,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The BuddyPress default registration form actually does include only "username" (nickname), "email" and "password" fields plus just one additional field called "name".

You can make sure on "Users -> Profile fileds" page of you dashboard that there's no additional profile fields added and then only these should be displayed on registration page. Would that work for you or would you need hide/remove that "name" field as well?

As for making the BuddyPress form into shortcode. That's not quite straightforward too as BuddyPress doesn't support that out of the box. I think the better solution here could be to use some external form like e.g Gravity Forms with registration add-on or even our own Membership 2 Pro with "Profile Fields" add-on enabled.

Would any of these ways work for you?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.