BuddyPress sending messages

I have been having all sorts of problems with Buddypress as of late. My current problem is that when trying to send a message to another member, there is no field to add their name.

Thank you.

Patrick

Hi @CIXdesigns

I have been having all sorts of problems with Buddypress as of late.

The key here is "as of late".

Since when have you been having problems? There is likely a conflict with a plugin that you recently installed or updated (or didn't update). The first thing is to be sure both WordPress and BuddyPress are the latest versions (WP3.5.1 & BP1.6.4).

Then, if you really cannot remember what you may have changed (and that can happen often when developing a site), go for basic troubleshooting protocol as follows.

Revert to the default Twenty-Eleven theme and deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress. Is the problem still there? If yes, there is likely something corrupted in BP or WP or (heaven forbid) your database.

If the issue is no longer present, reactivate your theme. Does the issue re-appear? If yes, likely theme conflict.

If the issue still does not re-appear, re-activate plugins one by one until it does and you find the conflicting plugin.

Once we've zeroed in on whatever may be the cause of your issue, we'll be better equipped to deal with it.