Buddypress site wide notice not displaying

I cannot see an active Buddypress site wide notice on my site using the buddypress social theme. Help pls where should it be be displaying. Can I have it display in all my logged in user sidebars?

• Camerogy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply! I had read this article and have tried everything I can to get BP sitewide notices to display with the Social them. I even tried on a new WP test site with only the social theme and Buddypress installed. The notice does not display in the sidebars of any of the page templates: Home, Sidebar, Members, Group. Pls test it out yourself. It looks like a Theme bug to me. Other than create a sitewide notice (screen capture attached) Is there some other action I should be taking?

Help pls!

PS
    I tried BP Mass Messaging. It works great with my virgin install but only sends to a portion of the members with my production site . I think there may be a conflict with Adminimize and Members plugins i am using to establish new roles and back end security.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Camerogy,

Thank you for your additional feedback and input, it is greatly appreciated.

I tried the site wide notices but it is hardly a valid production site test since it is only applicable to two users.

I tried BP Mass Messaging. It works great with my virgin install but only sends to a portion of the members with my production site .

From what you had explained about this I would say it is possibly due to the php max_execution_time being lower then what it takes for the script to make its run.

This can be checked by downloading the attached file, extracting it, uploading the phpinfo.php into the root of your domain and then calling up the file using something like: http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Then look for the section with max_execution_time in it and see what it is set at.

I will continue to work the original issue of course.

Please advise as to the max_execution_time setting i.e. 30 equals thirty seconds which means it must mail out the entire user base within 30 seconds or at 30 seconds php times out halting the script. It does not matter who's script or what script, it will time out at 30 seconds if it is indeed set at 30.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Camerogy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Are you saying you got sitewide notices to display with BuddyPress and the Social Theme?
    I just downloaded BP and Social again and it still does not work. The notices do show when I switch themes to WPMU Network or BuddyPress Default. Do I need to enable a widget to get the notices to show in the social theme?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Camerogy,

Thank you for you additional input and great questions.

Are you saying you got sitewide notices to display with BuddyPress and the Social Theme?

I was able to make them but it appears after visiting this again today with a fresh mind I cannot see them on the front end and what I thought were the messages were not.

My sincere apology for my misconception on this feature and it appears that I am incorrect and have not managed to get this to work with the Social theme.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.