BuddyPress Social Theme Bugs

Hi I've found two bugs while working with BuddyPress Social Theme. Using windows 7;

The first bug is found while using IE. The Header(black) should be all the way at the top of the page, instead there is a white space that should not be there, it work fine in firefox.

The second bug is seen in both browsers. When you browse to a new page using the navigation, and you choose the About page the background hover color of the home page stays on. The color of the home tab should be grey like the other two in the example because you are on the About page.

• xeno
    • Flash Drive

I would prefer to keep the site private for now. Is there no other way to emulate the bug.

I've noticed that when you browse to the demo of BuddyPress Social Theme the navigation bug is there in both browsers, and its not just my install.

The pixel gap only occurs in my install while using IE on the home page and can't be seen at http://buddypressthemes.org/?wptheme=BuddyPress%20Social. It's as if the admin bar causes this bug because its the same size.

• xeno
    • Flash Drive

the home tab highlight issue already in trac fix..

I'm not sure what this means;
    would you please explain how I can update and make amends to my theme and files without breaking code and causing more problems, this would be much appreciated.

• xeno
    • Flash Drive

the home tab highlight issue already in trac fix..

I'm not sure what this means;
    would you please explain how I can update and make amends to my theme and files without breaking code and causing more problems, this would be much appreciated.

• gcnweb
    • Flash Drive

I've found a bug with the 'Comment it Avatar' widget in IE7 (fine in Firefox). In the widget admin page it's not possible to drag the widget into any of the sidebars and it also stops any other widget below from being dragged too (the title bar turns 100% width when being dragged).

I haven't had a chance to track down the exact bit of code yet, but commenting out all the widget code, i.e. lines 77 onwards in _inc/functions/widget-functions.php, certainly restored behaviour to all the other widgets on the admin page.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

@xeno
    Richie is working on an update to this theme. When he said the fix is "in trac" he meant that the issue has been caught and a fix is implemented into the development version of the theme. There's no public-facing trac. When a new version is released, you'll get this fix with many others. As long as you're using a child theme for customizations, you'll be able to overwrite the default theme in your install and get all the updates without any trouble. :smiley:

@gcnweb
    Thanks for reporting this and how you were able to get around it. We'll get a fix for this rolled into a future version as well. Again, appreciate the feedback!

• gcnweb
    • Flash Drive

Didn't know whether to start a new thread or stick onto the bottom of this one...

We're having problems with the Mystery Man icon/gravatar in the Social Theme. We'd like to use it, but it doesn't co-operate with the admin bar, as it insists on showing 128x128px image rather than the scaled down 16x16px one (see attached)

The source-code seems fine specifying width/height both as 16 explicitly and any of the generated ones work fine...

• Rick Lewis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am using the Social Theme and my frontpage gallery stopped working. I deactivated all plugins and got it back. One by one I activated them ( truly a pain in the butt) and what I found was the similar posts and subscribe by email plugins break the gallery. Nothing shows up in the box.

I had deleted the similar posts plug in beings it caused the issue first as I thought maybe it was the only one.

Upon activating the others I had to repeat the process to discover the second one causing me troubles.

It's working now with that deactivated.

Thought I would post so someone could look into it.
    Thanks.

• gcnweb
    • Flash Drive

Richie, the site's in development - so where using WP3.1RC4 to ensure as much future-proofing as possible. Could that be the problem? The developer we have employed to do some other plugin tweaks has managed to fix it - I'll find out from him what the issue was.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.