BuddyPress Social Upgrade, nothing appearing in Activity Stream

Hi, yesterday, I upgraded to the new version of BuddyPress as well as the new version of the Social theme. Since updating, my Activity Stream is empty, and I've tried associating the appropriate page with the new way BuddyPress integrates with WP. I'm at a loss. I've tried setting my home page to both a static page with "Activity" selected. I've also tried setting it to "My latest blog posts". Either way, nothing appears on my home screen.

If anyone can assist, I'd really appreciate it, as of now, my site is down and inoperable.

Thanks in advance!
Tim

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Tim,

I just tested the front-page setting, using the Activity page, and the activity stream appears to work just fine here. Perhaps there's a plugin conflicting with the stream? Have you tried deactivating plugins?

EDIT: One other thing to check, can you switch to the default BuddyPress theme to see if the issue persists?

Cheers,
    David

• Tim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It seems that after deactivating the Google Analytics for WP plugin, the activity stream appeared. It does now, however, appear as it used to. When going to the site, instead of having a right sidebar, it says "Member Sidebar Widget". Was the right sidebar eliminated in the new version of bbpress or Social? I have switched to the default bbpress theme, looks the same. I'm sure I don't speak for everyone, but I'm not a fan of these changes...

Thanks,
    Tim

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Tim,

BuddyPress itself has changed and you can now specify a Page for use as the Activity page. As such, you can now specify a page template as well, by editing that page and selecting one of the templates as shown below.

With that, you could select any of the page templates that have a widget area / sidebar.

As for the menu items. you can add those in at Appearance > Menus. Here's a quick guide on that if you're not familiar with the custom menus.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/introduction-to-menus

Cheers,
    David

• Tim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David, thanks for the response. The page templates, I get that. Where I am at a loss is why my posts are not showing up on the Front Page, or ever being posted for that matter. It's like I'm running two different sites. From the images attached, you'll see that on my front page, there are menu items that are not there once in the site. Also, you'll see that my recent post does not appear. I've never had any problems until upgrading to Social 1.2.9

I'll be the first to admit, I am not an expert, but I cannot see the problem, please help.

• Tim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry for all the msgs, my thoughts are apparently very fragmented today. I've always used "Default Template" for all my pages, no deviation. Shouldn't that follow the main selection in the BuddyPress settings menu?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I've also tagged Richie here in case you do reopen this, as they'll definitely be able to help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.