BuddyPress themes

This is a quick thread to officially announce and assist with our new BuddyPress themes, which are, specifically:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-corporate-theme

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-community-theme

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-fun-theme

Looking forward to feedback / requests / comments etc :slight_smile:

• eyecool
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This rocks! Yes it does users too. It themes the entire buddy press experience.

Observation: I threw up a test mu + buddy press server. Everything was installed via the latest SVN. For some reason, the Community theme doesn’t load. You can’t preview it either. MU set up as a subdomain installation

However, I tried it on a different test install, one that I threw up a few weeks ago and it works fine. Less recent MU and buddy press. Subdir installation. Man, a lot of updates lately.

Too tired for anything but sleep. Will try some more tomorrow.

Excited!

• omgitsrfb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

luv the new themes! I can’t seem 2 get the corporate member theme to activate. i placed bpcorporate-member in wp-content/bp-themes and activated it under admin –> themes. I’m still using wpmu 2.7.1 and BP1.0.2. getting the following msg

You do not have any BuddyPress themes installed.

Please move "/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/" to "/wp-content/bp-themes/" and refresh this page. You can download more themes here.

• omgitsrfb

Andrew,

So I have successfully upgraded to 2.8.4a and to BP1.0.3. Corporate theme is installed and showing up just fine on the home page of my domain. However, when clicking any of the menu items to access the BP section of the site I get:

You do not have any BuddyPress themes installed.

Please move "/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/" to "/wp-content/bp-themes/" and refresh this page. You can download more themes here.

In the Site admin –> Themes I have activated the corporate theme but not the member theme per your previous reply:

You shouldn’t need to enable member themes from the Site Admin > Themes page.

in wp-content/bp-themes I have /bphome, /bpmember, /bpskeletonmember and/bpcorporate_member and the readme file.

Any ideas why I can’t get the theme to be recognized?

Thanks buddy,

Ricky

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Thanks for all the updates.. and glad you like the theme :slight_smile:

Error logs are dangerous things too… full of stuff you can’t make head nor tail of, heh, but that does look like a new one to me.

Is it causing anything to go wrong? If so send through a link and we’ll take a look.

• michaelbradley
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

I’ve downloaded the themes and installed them on my site. Once I get to the theme page for activation, I click on Preview and the page comes up blank. BTW: I’m now clicking Preview because in my excitement, I actually activated Community without previewing first and the site went blank.

I’ve looked for the default ‘instructions.txt or readme.txt’ and cannot find one. Since I’m new to BP, I am probably doing something silly. To cut through it:

1. Where, specifically, should the directory "BuddyPress Community" go?

2. Where should bpcommunity_member go?

3. I did see a previous statement that "You shouldn’t need to enable member themes from the Site Admin > Themes page" – why is that, or why not?

Is it ok for BuddyPress Community to have a space in it? I was just surprised by that.

Thanks for your time, I’m just missing a fundamental block here.

WPMU Build: 2.8.4a

BP 1.03

Thanks and best regards,

MB

• argh2xxx
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Michael Bradly,

the directory start with bpsomething should go to wp-content/bp-themes/

the Buddypress Community directory should go to wp-content/themes/

To stop the blank preview, you need to name Buddypress Community to one word such as BuddypressCommunity. I think wpmu 2.8.4a is having problem with themes that are having two words and a single space in between.

Last note: Make sure you have buddypress install and working as wpmu should be. Since you’re installing buddypress theme! Though if you don’t have buddypress install, then just go for wpmu regular themes!

• omgitsrfb

James,

Is it causing anything to go wrong? If so send through a link and we’ll take a look.

Right now everything seems to be working well except for something that i think would be a wpmu issue. i can’t access wp-admin/edit.php to edit any posts. kind of a big issue i suppose but not sure it’s related to the theme. also i can’t seem to find buddy press members in the alphabetical member directory, but i think that’s a bp issue.

unfortunately the bp forums don’t seem to generate as much help/response as the premium forums do.

anyways if you think either of these issues is related to the theme i’d love to hear about it. otherwise, thanks for a kick butt theme and i’ll keep looking for bugs.

ricky

• argh2xxx

For me I find members in alphabetical member directory using corporate buddypress theme, but the members list isn’t that alphabetical. Let me state this a bit clearer, so if you go to letter b directory, it shows all members with names start with b, but the thing is that it isn’t like dictionary where example "barry" goes before "bill", instead it’s not sorting at all, and I see something like "Bill" goes before "Barry", and Brandy" goes before "Bill" and "Barry". I hope you know what I mean! :slight_smile:

• michaelbradley
    • Flash Drive

Argh…

Thanks for the info. That is what I was looking for and I’ll test it shortly. The current site does have WPMU working properly and the themes and functionality of the BP themes that go with the activation and proper installation of the BP plugin.

Thank you.

MB

PS: What about the comment:

I did see a previous statement that "You shouldn’t need to enable member themes from the Site Admin > Themes page" – why is that, or why not?

• argh2xxx

Michael,

After you got the themes in places, you should go to admin dashboard, then under site admin, go to themes, activate the Buddypress Community theme so it can appear in theme selection. Then you go to theme under regular section and browse to the Buddypress Community theme and activate it!

Also you need to check out the buddypress block where it say general, components, and so on. Go to link "general" of buddypress block, and choose the theme called Buddypress Community theme 1.0 something similar like that.

The first step I mentioned is for you to have a front page where visitors can sign up and seeing Buddypress Community theme.

The second step in the second paragraph is to allow members or visitors click on a member’s profile or other pages of a member, they see a buddypress community theme that specialize for those pages. This will make your whole website look in synch!

• michaelbradley
    • Flash Drive

Ok, bang on. Sweet.

The site is coming together and quite nicely. Now that I have the particulars I was missing, I can continue looking for a theme to fit in and work with some of the other plugins, i.e. whatever changes the BuddyPress admin bar. Handy little tool but kind of gives away the magic ingredients too soon.

So far, all of the elements discussed have been integrated and I’m about to get dirty. The missing piece was the directories you pointed out and I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks and best regards,

MB

• omgitsrfb

Andrew,

Two issues I’m having. but only one seems to be related to the theme

1) I can’t access wp-admin/edit.php – i get a blank white screen. i can access add new post but not edit

2) support system plugin – when i click the header i get kicked out to my most recent post and when i click on FAQ or Ticket System i get:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘incsub_support_output’ was given in /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 339

My error log shows this over and over:

Mon Aug 17 09:06:39 2009] [error] [client 24.130.222.238] File does not exist: /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-content/themes/BuddyPress_Corporate/css/none, referer: http://sportsfags.com/wp-content/themes/BuddyPress_Corporate/css/custom.css

The pages are all internal. I can email you a password and login if you like.

ricky

• omgitsrfb

James,

If I update to the latest version I gotta redo all css changes that I made, correct? If so, is there any way you could just tell me what to do to fix those issues?

Also, my members are reporting that they have to click the add friend button twice for it to work.

Thanks and let me know,

Ricky

• omgitsrfb

James/Andrew,

If I do as you suggest

OK, please can you update to the latest version of the theme we just uploaded (and make sure the folders all have the same names as in the latest download)

Does this remedy my errors shown here or was that suggestion meant for someone else?

1) I can’t access wp-admin/edit.php – i get a blank white screen. i can access add new post but not edit

2) support system plugin – when i click the header i get kicked out to my most recent post and when i click on FAQ or Ticket System i get:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘incsub_support_output’ was given in /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 339

My error log shows this over and over:

Mon Aug 17 09:06:39 2009] [error] [client 24.130.222.238] File does not exist: /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-content/themes/BuddyPress_Corporate/css/none, referer: http://sportsfags.com/wp-content/themes/BuddyPress_Corporate/css/custom.css

• omgitsrfb

So I upgraded to 1.0.2 of corporate theme and I still get the same error msg:

[Wed Aug 19 08:18:42 2009] [error] [client 216.106.122.242] File does not exist: /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddypress-corporate/css/none,

Plus, I can’t access the support plugin or wp-admin/edit.php.

Let me know what you think,

Ricky

• omgitsrfb

Hiya Andrew,

I disabled and removed the AIO SEO plugin, signed out, logged back in and selected edit post and still get a blank white screen. I talked to a developer friend, i know prolly a bad idea, but he said if the error log is calling a css file that doesn’t exist then there’s probably a css call in the header.php file that’s messed up. Just an idea.

• omgitsrfb

Andrew,

I’m running 2.8.4a and BP 1.0.3. Also I just noticed that when the links to follow a blog post from my sitewide widget and recent blog posts for the three posts that i posted today after upgrading to the latest corporate theme. You can check it out at sportsfags.com and select the first post ‘luv me some pudge’ in the center column under sportsfags activity.

ricky

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

It seems that the post on "thesportsfag.sportsfags.com" is redirecting to your main blog. However, since "thesportsfag.sportsfags.com" is not using the BP theme we’re discussing I’m failing to see how this is related to the issues at hand. Does switching the main blog to a different BP theme resolve this issue? If not then it’s an unrelated issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

• argh2xxx

Hi Omgitsrfb,

I tested your website out to see if your website has the same errors as mine, unfortunately, I saw a strange error on your website.

When sign up with your website, after complete the last step, the website redirect me to the page where it tells me to go check my email address for confirmation. I saw at the very top of the page shows this error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-signup.php on line 261

Also FYI: you should turn off php error report on production site.

• omgitsrfb

argh2xxx thx for letting me know about that error and I am turning off the error report on the site. were you able to access wp-admin/edit.php when you created ur blog?

andrew, ur right i switched themes and tried to access the link and had the same issue so it’s not the corporate theme’s issue.

i still can’t access edit.php and get the same no file exists for a css file in my error log.

• omgitsrfb

Andrew, I got access to my php error logs and found this:

[19-Aug-2009 15:12:51] WordPress database error Table ‘XXXXXXXXX.wp_reports_user_activity’ doesn’t exist for query INSERT INTO wp_reports_user_activity (user_ID, location, date_time) VALUES ( ‘1’, ‘XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/buddypress-corporate/css/none’, ‘2009-08-19 22:12:51’ ) made by require, require_once, include, get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once, wp_footer, do_action, call_user_func_array, reports_user_activity

• omgitsrfb

yes, the plugin is installed. i guess it was part of your default install cause i don’t remember doing it but maybe i did. i didn’t have this problem until after i upgraded from 2.7.1 to 2.8.4a so is there an sql script i could run to crate this table?

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

We’ve updated the themes, please can you try the new versions:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-versions-of-buddypress-themes?replies=1#post-13418

Can you:

– reupdate/replace the themes and members theme to the latest 1.0.3

– reactivate the themes in site-admin > themes(if necessary) and re-activate the corporate theme in appearance > themes and finally re-choose the member themes

– also deactivate the buddypress plugin (this may be causing the plugin error with his site with wp-admin/edit.php) and reactivate buddypress plugin after clear cache

After that you should be good.

Cheers, James

• argh2xxx

I haven’t check my php error log yet, but my apache error log reports the same problem as your. I remembered I had install a report plugin from premium.wpmudev.org once, and I had removed that long time ago. Maybe adding that plugin back in will solve this error?

• omgitsrfb

I followed James’ instructions and

1. I am getting this in my php error logs

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:16] WordPress database error Table ‘XXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 1 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:16] WordPress database error Table ‘XXXXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT count(id) FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 1 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:50] WordPress database error Table ‘XXXXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 32 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) AND is_private = 0 ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:50] WordPress database error Table XXXXXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT count(id) FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 32 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) AND is_private = 0 ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:52] WordPress database error Table XXXXXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 32 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) AND is_private = 0 ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:22:52] WordPress database error Table XXXXXXX.wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT count(id) FROM wp_bp_activity_user_activity_cached WHERE user_id = 32 AND date_recorded >= FROM_UNIXTIME(0) AND is_private = 0 ORDER BY date_recorded DESC made by require, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, bp_core_do_catch_uri, load_template, require_once, bp_has_activities, BP_Activity_Template->bp_activity_template, bp_activity_get_user_activity, BP_Activity_Activity->get_activity_for_user

[20-Aug-2009 11:23:53] WordPress database error Table

2.) still can’t access wp-admin/edit.php (blank white screen)

3.) still getting this in my error logs

[Thu Aug 20 11:24:15 2009] [error] [client 70.116.138.159] File does not exist: /home/sportsfg/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddypress-corporate/css/none, referer: http://sportsfags.com/

I totally removed the reports and AIO SEO plugins.

• argh2xxx

Omgitsrfb, it seems wpmu 2.8.4a is not that stable with buddypress 1.0.3, since I have a much different problem than you, but some what your is more severe in degree. Hmm.. what plugins you have installed on your (wpmu and buddypress) site? Let me know all of your plugins and I compare your list with mine to see if I have any of your, and I’ll dig into php error log to see if there is any error just like your. Maybe both of us working together to solve some annoying bugs may be fruitful.

• manley
    • New Recruit

Here is the error log

/home/caribbea/public_html/2gofollow/error_log: [20-Aug-2009 22:10:42] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/caribbea/public_html/2gofollow/wp-config.php on line 58 [20-Aug-2009 22:10:43] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/caribbea/public_html/2gofollow/wp-config.php on line 58 [20-Aug-2009 22:10:45] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/caribbea/public_html/2gofollow/wp-config.php on line 58 [20-Aug-2009 22:10:48] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/caribbea/public_html/2gofollow/wp-config.php on line 58 /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/error_log: [21-Aug-2009 12:30:48] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/wp-config.php on line 58 [21-Aug-2009 13:17:43] WordPress database error Table ‘caribbea_followmearound.wp_blogs’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = ‘followmearoundtown.com’ made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once [21-Aug-2009 13:17:43] WordPress database error Table ‘caribbea_followmearound.wp_sitemeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = ‘site_name’ made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name [21-Aug-2009 13:17:43] WordPress database error Table ‘caribbea_followmearound.wp_blogs’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once [21-Aug-2009 13:17:43] WordPress database error Table ‘caribbea_followmearound.wp_sitemeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = ‘wpmu_sitewide_plugins’ AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option [21-Aug-2009 23:40:03] PHP Warning: require(BP_PLUGIN_DIR/bp-core/bp-core-signup.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/wp-content/themes/bphome/functions.php on line 70 [21-Aug-2009 23:40:03] PHP Warning: require(BP_PLUGIN_DIR/bp-core/bp-core-signup.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/wp-content/themes/bphome/functions.php on line 70 [21-Aug-2009 23:40:03] PHP Warning: require(BP_PLUGIN_DIR/bp-core/bp-core-signup.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/wp-content/themes/bphome/functions.php on line 70 [21-Aug-2009 23:40:03] PHP Warning: require(BP_PLUGIN_DIR/bp-core/bp-core-signup.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/caribbea/public_html/followmearoundtown/wp-content/themes/bphome/functions.php on line 70

• freeblogger

When I log in to the bp area using the corporate theme, which is totally awesome by the way, the part that says "Welcome to your BuddyPress Corporate theme!

Change or remove the text here using the theme options" theme options being a link, I get redirected to the login and not able to login as no matter what it says invalid username or password, if I go back I am still logged in, if you log in from the regular route it the username and pass are fine so not sure what is going on.

And may be not smart maybe to post all these details in public but I’m willing to take a chance that the others here mean noone else any harm :slight_smile:

this is the url string it is trying to send to when you click the theme options link

http://thepoliticalword.politicallygrounded.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fthepoliticalword.politicallygrounded.com%2Fwp-admin%2F%3Fc%3D1

• tigrish
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there any documentation on how to install these themes on BuddyPress 1.1.1 ?

With a working WordPress MU + BuddyPress install, after activating these themes I just get a blank home page….

Did read the comment about removing the space in the name but that didn’t have any effect.

• tremble
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I have installed BuddyPress Social Parent + Child 1.1.8 under WPMU 2.9.2 and BP 1.2

I tested on my root setup (http://tremble.com.au) and it works like a charm. However, under a second subdomain (http://socad.tremble.com.au) every link in the theme points back to the other URL. Meaning, going to SOCADL and clicking on, say, Activity, takes you to the activity at http://tremble.com.au

I installed BP in /wp-content/plugins and BP Social in /wp-content/themes/bp-social and /wp-content/themes/bp-social-child

I cannot find where to configure base URLs?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.