Buddypress to build a mentoring system

Hello,
I want to build a website, with Groups(from BuddyPress) installed, for learning and mentoring purposes. People can join a group and take courses to extend their knowledge in a certain area.

How to:
- Group Leaders can assign tasks to all members and can track who have or have not yet completed the tasks. It will be great if there is a summary page to show the completion status to all members in the group.
- Group Leaders can post upcoming events/activities in the group for members (I found some plugins in WPMU DEV, but I am not sure which one is working with BuddyPress 2.7 and is the best choice for me.)

So, how to do that? Is there already a plugin/plugins to do that?

• Luís

Hi Yudong ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Based on your requirements, I think CoursePress and Events + may interest you.

If I understood well, the tasks are related to the "learning" purpose, so, you can use the courses, may need some custom code, however, in order to help you better, can you give us more details about this.

Regarding to the "events/activities", Events + have to add-ons for BuddyPress, "My Events" and "Group Events".

"My Events" add-on creates a new tab in the user profile with the Events he/she RSPV's on.

"Group Events" add-on allows you to create events specifically to a certain group, private events for groups, send an email to all group members when a event is created, etc.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís